“Silence is a human right!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Grid
The Reassurance of Silent Partner is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Silas Silent III with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.105 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silenttown. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, vanity is considered the eighth cardinal virtue, refugees from other nations are flocking to Silent Partner's border, and a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silent Partner's national animal is the mouse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is La Silence, and its currency is the Quiet.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 18 days ago: Silent Partner's influence in The Grid rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 40 days ago: Silent Partner was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 48 days ago: Following new legislation in Silent Partner, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 59 days ago: Silent Partner fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 63 days ago: Silent Partner was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 83 days ago: Silent Partner fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 123 days ago: Silent Partner fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 139 days ago: Silent Partner fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 147 days ago: Silent Partner fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 151 days ago: Silent Partner fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.