The Sultanate of Silea is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Tazan II with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, digital currency, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, devout population of 2.947 billion Sileans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry, Environment, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Silea. The average income tax rate is 79.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Silean economy, worth 201 trillion Monoss a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 68,449 Monoss, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The only places to see Beavers now are at local zoos, the nation is known as the cheapskates of Osiris, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, and soldiers have swapped their uniforms for prisonwear. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Silea's national animal is the Beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Silea's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Silea was endorsed by The Imperialist Conglomerate of Ikand.
- : Silea's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Silea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist and Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Silea was endorsed by The Footloose Fancy-Free Pharaoh of Cormactopia II.
- : Silea's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Silea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Toxic Heavy Metals Act".
- : Silea was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Silea applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Silea, soldiers have swapped their uniforms for prisonwear.