The Dominion of Sierra Lobo is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by His Grace Gerald de Valien III with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 9.835 billion Sierra Loboans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Phoenixia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sierra Loboan economy, worth a remarkable 2,917 trillion lire a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 296,679 lire, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Sierra Lobo-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Sierra Lobo's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Holy Veil of the Ysl Flame.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors.
- 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play.
- 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 8 hours ago: Sierra Lobo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Democratia"".
- 8 hours ago: Sierra Lobo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 8 hours ago: Sierra Lobo endorsed The Borderlands of Obvious Minefield.
- 12 hours ago: Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Borderlands of Obvious Minefield.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, Sierra Lobo-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, the phoenix is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen.
Endorsements Received: 103 » Kholdan, Gymnostan, Theorin, Darakin, The Two Jerseys, Lakarian, Soem, Cape Adare, Kiasu-ism, Drystar, Komania, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bergenu, The Bloodguard, Nevergrowoldia, Karatengisa, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Kukkelisvaara, Ancient Slobovia, Arthloxia, Kringalia, Yeses, Kien Truong, Chubrubs, Glenavar, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SketchyGround, Curlyhoward, Kanneronic, The Union of Free Individuals, Splend0ra, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Amadena, Naples and Sicily, Bhiff, Karlstadt, Auxha, Punchwood, New Edem, City States Nation, Drugged Monkeys, Nationine, Aschenburg, Krathenburg, Kaer Peulvan, PenguinPies, Sandaoguo, Edgardian Empire, Kevinastan, and 53 others.Turnipia, Lanndau, The United Peoples Soviet State, Eviolap, McGonagall, Dipshovelandia, TSP-Aramanchovia, Blairia, I literally Cant Even, New Euusimaa, United States of Funk, Haldilwe, The Solar System Scope, Haddocke, Batsylverica, Caasd, The Imperial Confederacy, Faircliff, Myganon, Karnetvor, Graziania, Lioniel, Vikershone, Smogaria, Capricanta, Rockchester, Tsunamy, Krillion213, The United Pirate Lords, Southern Bellz, Escade, Roostevelt, Luxelimborug, Sedunn, Novo England, Magnanimity, Orleanis, Gimmal, Carpat, Northern Copek, Feirmont, Jesus Your Master, Itandera, Extremely Democratic People, The Gordian Goths, RatLandesia, LiliRey, Community Property, Space Wave, Pillaganburnistan, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, and Obvious Minefield.