The Dominion of Sierra Lobo is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by His Grace Gerald de Valien III with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 13.372 billion Sierra Loboans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, although Education is also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Phoenixia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sierra Loboan economy, worth a remarkable 4,258 trillion lire a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 318,481 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties, citizens are more concerned about voting for Big Brother contestants than politicians, and whales in captivity live in little more than glorified goldfish bowls. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Sierra Lobo's national animal is the phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Holy Veil of the Ysl Flame.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Allied States of Bergenu.
- : Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, whales in captivity live in little more than glorified goldfish bowls.
- : Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, citizens are more concerned about voting for Big Brother contestants than politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties.
- : Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- : Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Empire of Thudor.
- : Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Republic Federation of Trelatche.
- : Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Federation of The Nationless Republic.
- : Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Republic of Cecilianna.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Ownzone, Monkstar, Nasritopia, Kiasu-ism, Tsunamy, Kaer Peulvan, Lioniel, Catochristoferson, Karnetvor, Soem, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Drugged Monkeys, Gymnostan, Bhiff, Karlstadt, SJS Republic, Lolochie, Ancient Slobovia, Atahs, The United Expanse, Cape Adare, Tibrilyar, Mpondo, Sedunn, Seliyan progressive Islands, Japanese Federal Republic, Serenoa, Southwestern Alvilith, Kholdan, Darakin, Bugmalandia, Punchwood, The United Peoples Soviet State, The Two Jerseys, Kaugummi, Patrykstan, Tenaltel, Bear Connors Paradiso, Opimo, Phillius, Trollmel, United Federated States of Omega, Sandaoguo, Goose Reich, Dylar, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Esu19, Fried Potatoland, FreeFishers, and 19 others.Ukronda, Powellsylvania, Quiescent, Vite Mortem, Lennyville, Hurtistan, Great Scapula, New Soviet State of Russia, Renovada, Landworldtownlandia, Soviet El Paso, Privatore, Drystar, The Azorias, Cecilianna, The Nationless Republic, Trelatche, Thudor, and Bergenu.