“Vi et armis”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the South Pacific
The Dominion of Sierra Lobo is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by His Grace Gerald de Valien III with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, digital currency, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 9.622 billion Sierra Loboans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Phoenixia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sierra Loboan economy, worth a remarkable 2,817 trillion lire a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 292,772 lire, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 882,274 per year while the poor average 75,742, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, and citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sierra Lobo's national animal is the phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Holy Veil of the Ysl Flame.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Sierra Lobo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 12 days ago: Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Confederacy of Carpat.
- 15 days ago: Sierra Lobo was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Community of Gimmal.
- 18 days ago: Sierra Lobo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Sierra Lobo, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- 21 days ago: Sierra Lobo endorsed The Kingdom of Free Brittania.
- 21 days ago: Sierra Lobo endorsed The Republic of Bostonius.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Kholdan, Gymnostan, Theorin, Darakin, The Two Jerseys, Lakarian, Soem, Cape Adare, Kiasu-ism, Drystar, Komania, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bergenu, The Bloodguard, Nevergrowoldia, Karatengisa, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Kukkelisvaara, Ancient Slobovia, Arthloxia, Kringalia, Yeses, Kien Truong, Chubrubs, Glenavar, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SketchyGround, Curlyhoward, Kanneronic, The Union of Free Individuals, Splend0ra, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Amadena, Elysian Pastures, Naples and Sicily, Bhiff, Karlstadt, Auxha, Punchwood, New Edem, City States Nation, Drugged Monkeys, Nationine, Sparkadooby, Aschenburg, Krathenburg, Kaer Peulvan, PenguinPies, Sandaoguo, and 49 others.Edgardian Empire, Kevinastan, Turnipia, Hammondy, Lanndau, The United Peoples Soviet State, Eviolap, McGonagall, Dipshovelandia, TSP-Aramanchovia, Blairia, I literally Cant Even, Timychland, New Euusimaa, United States of Funk, Community Property, Haldilwe, The Solar System Scope, Haddocke, Batsylverica, Caasd, The Imperial Confederacy, Faircliff, Myganon, Differential Power, Karnetvor, Graziania, Lioniel, Vikershone, The Eight Hearths, Smogaria, Capricanta, Creepypastian, Rockchester, Tsunamy, Krillion213, The United Pirate Lords, Southern Bellz, Escade, Roostevelt, Luxelimborug, Antarctican Penguin Empire, Shichiyama, Sedunn, Novo England, Magnanimity, Orleanis, Gimmal, and Carpat.