The Mercenary Armada of Sidh Ohn is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Lord Admiral Sidh Ohn with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, national health service, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 14.407 billion Mercs enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment and Defense are also considered important, while Law & Order and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Bhuin Bheredir. The average income tax rate is 1.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sidh Ohnian economy, worth a remarkable 2,438 trillion Maras a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 169,233 Maras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Mandatory daycare is provided by the government, religious education is a new government priority, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Sidh Ohn's national animal is the Moril Liandh, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Diebhair.
Sidh Ohn is ranked 37th in The Local Cluster and 13,124th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 233 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sidh Ohn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Sidh Ohn was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Sidh Ohn, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Sidh Ohn, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- : Following new legislation in Sidh Ohn, religious education is a new government priority.
- : Following new legislation in Sidh Ohn, mandatory daycare is provided by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Sidh Ohn, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- : Sidh Ohn lodged a message on the The Local Cluster Regional Message Board.
- : Sidh Ohn was ranked #1 in the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Sidh Ohn was ranked #1 in the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).