“No Gods, No Masters”The People
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Nordic Lands
The Organised Khaos of Sideonia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The People with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 6.529 billion Sidian are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Law & Order, with Education, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ahnvarrds. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The large but underdeveloped Sidan economy, worth 388 trillion Nones a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 59,514 Nones, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Ahnvarrds Times is sold out, riots have broken out as a water shortage threatens Sideonia's stability, all 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned, and murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sideonia's national animal is the Politician, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Sideonia lost the endorsement of The Republic of Linnea.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Sideonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Sideonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 4 days ago: Sideonia was endorsed by The Republic of Superius.
- 4 days ago: Sideonia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Authoritarian.
- 4 days ago: Sideonia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Authoritarian.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Sideonia, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows.
- 6 days ago: Sideonia was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Sideonia, all 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Sideonia, riots have broken out as a water shortage threatens Sideonia's stability.