“For Kejseren, For Storhertugen, For Folket”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Nordic Lands
The Imperial Grand Duchy of Sideonia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Emperor and Grand Duke Serra VI with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strong anti-business policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.546 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ahnvarrds. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, military geniuses responsible for brilliant campaigns are drummed out because they have close same-sex friends and an interest in interior design, citizens are forbidden from leaving the country, and police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sideonia's national animal is the Pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Floorism, and its currency is the Zeht.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 20 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Sideonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Sideonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Sideonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Sideonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 7 days ago: Sideonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 7 days ago: Sideonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 12 days ago: Sideonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Assisted Suicide Act".
- 18 days ago: Sideonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Sideonia, police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Sideonia, citizens are forbidden from leaving the country.