The Grand Duchy of Sideonia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Grand Duke with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 7.465 billion Sidian are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Law & Order, although Education, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ahnvarrds. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The large but sluggish Sidan economy, worth 263 trillion Zehts a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 35,310 Zehts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Grand Duke's bedroom. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sideonia's national animal is the Pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 2 hours ago: Sideonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 6 days ago: Sideonia's influence in Nordic Lands fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 9 days ago: Sideonia's influence in Nordic Lands rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 25 days ago: Sideonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 30 days ago: Sideonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 33 days ago: Sideonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- 55 days ago: Sideonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 62 days ago: Following new legislation in Sideonia, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Grand Duke's bedroom.
- 67 days ago: Sideonia was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 67 days ago: Following new legislation in Sideonia, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.