The Imperial Provinces of Sicoutimont is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Empreror Jean III with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 5.457 billion Sicoutians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lac Drouin. The average income tax rate is 70.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sicoutian economy, worth 745 trillion Sicoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 136,577 Sicoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
All guns must be registered, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, and Beluga Whale racing stadiums are open 24/7. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sicoutimont's national animal is the Beluga Whale, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Sicoutian Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sicoutimont's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Sicoutimont's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sicoutimont's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sicoutimont's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sicoutimont was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Most Efficient Economies, Most Advanced Defense Forces, and Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Sicoutimont was refounded in Balder.
- : Sicoutimont ceased to exist.
- : Sicoutimont was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Sicoutimont was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- : Sicoutimont was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).