“SI's Openly Acclaimed Puppet”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: South America
The 'Republic' of SI II is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 4.918 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- is mainly concerned with the Environment, although Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 37%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, and politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter'. Crime is moderate. SI II's national animal is the condor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the peso.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 2 days 19 hours ago: SI II's influence in South America rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 8 days ago: SI II was endorsed by The Republic of Insigria.
- 12 days ago: SI II lodged a message on the South America Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: SI II was endorsed by The Third Republic of Montegrande.
- 21 days ago: SI II lodged a message on the South America Regional Message Board.
- 21 days ago: SI II was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 26 days ago: SI II lodged a message on the South America Regional Message Board.
- 27 days ago: SI II lodged a message on the South America Regional Message Board.
- 27 days ago: SI II was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- 28 days ago: SI II was endorsed by The Free Land of Estado Paulista.