“SI's Openly Acclaimed Puppet”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: South America
The 'Republic' of SI II is a colossal, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 5.413 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- is mainly concerned with the Environment, although Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 36%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, and politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter'. Crime is moderate. SI II's national animal is the condor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the peso.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 17 days ago: SI II was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 17 days ago: SI II was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 27 days ago: SI II fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Average.
- 32 days ago: SI II altered its national flag.
- 32 days ago: SI II was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- 57 days ago: SI II lodged a message on the South America Regional Message Board.
- 57 days ago: SI II relocated from Lazarus to South America.
- 57 days ago: SI II was refounded in Lazarus.
- 67 days ago: SI II ceased to exist.
- 77 days ago: SI II's influence in South America fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".