The 'Republic' of SI II is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-working, devout population of 6.247 billion SI IIians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, moralistic government prioritizes Environment, with Spirituality and Law & Order also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 66.4%.
The strong SI IIian economy, worth 224 trillion pesos a year, is highly specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 35,880 pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, and politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SI II's national animal is the condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SI II's influence in South America rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : SI II's influence in South America rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : SI II's influence in South America rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : SI II was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive, Most Beautiful Environments, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most Influential, and Best Weather.
- : SI II changed its national motto to "Pan o palo".
- : SI II lodged a message on the South America Regional Message Board.
- : SI II relocated from Osiris to South America.
- : SI II was refounded in Osiris.
- : SI II ceased to exist.
- : SI II was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).