“Nemo me impune lacessit”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Free Land of Shunnach is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by O Great One with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 12.308 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strathmungo. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Waste is frequently shipped to other countries, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Strathmungo Times is sold out, nudity is frowned upon, and Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shunnach's national animal is the feral cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the baw bee.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, nudity is frowned upon.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Shunnach voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Strathmungo Times is sold out.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Shunnach was endorsed by The Empire of Dhaibat Mukherjee.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, the psych wards are overflowing with transsexuals.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, all recreational drugs are legal.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, Shunnach is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.