The Free Land of Shunnach is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by O Great One with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 14.968 billion Jungles are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strathmungo. The average income tax rate is 83.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Shunnachian economy, worth 966 trillion baw bees a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 64,592 baw bees, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Shunnach, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shunnach's national animal is the feral cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 20 hours ago
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Shunnach was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Shunnach.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Shunnach voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight.
- 6 days ago: Shunnach was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Shunnach, skateparks can be found in every city.
- 6 days ago: Shunnach endorsed The Republic of Idaho State University.