The Free Land of Shunnach is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by O Great One with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 18.317 billion Jungles are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strathmungo. The average income tax rate is 52.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Shunnachian economy, worth a remarkable 2,149 trillion baw bees a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 117,333 baw bees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, sexuality-questioning teenagers are placed in locked rooms with dirty magazines and lewd posters, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shunnach's national animal is the feral cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shunnach voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the Quarantined".
- : Shunnach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Shunnach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Shunnach, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.
- : Following new legislation in Shunnach, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- : Shunnach voted against the World Assembly Resolution "WA Peacekeeping Charter".
- : Shunnach endorsed The Grand Empire of Laurarcor.
- : Following new legislation in Shunnach, sexuality-questioning teenagers are placed in locked rooms with dirty magazines and lewd posters.
- : Shunnach was endorsed by The Grand Empire of Laurarcor.
- : Shunnach was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The Green and Pleasant Dominion of The Bruce, infecting 7 million survivors.