|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Federation of Democratic Republics
The Dominion of Shul is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Arch-President Paul Duncan with an iron fist, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.716 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shul City. The average income tax rate is 77%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
Students abandon classrooms for online education, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, and angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shul's national animal is the dragonfly, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the shula.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 12 days ago: Shul lodged a message on the Federation of Democratic Republics Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Shul voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 26 days ago: Shul was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- 45 days ago: Shul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 74 days ago: Shul lodged a message on the Federation of Democratic Republics Regional Message Board.
- 82 days ago: Shul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 96 days ago: Shul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 100 days ago: Shul was endorsed by Crazy131.
- 122 days ago: Following new legislation in Shul, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason.
- 124 days ago: Shul voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Currency Standards Act".
Endorsements Received: None.