“We Lead The People into a New Tomorrow”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Dictatorship of Shuddera is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Vasili Valado with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 13.967 billion Shudderans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Defence and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Naumeria. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Automobile Manufacturing.
Political activists are routinely executed, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings', and the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shuddera's national animal is the shudderian sloth, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Way of Vasili Valado, and its currency is the multa dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 14 hours ago: Shuddera was endorsed by The Volksrepublik of Moerderreich.
- 1 day ago: Shuddera was endorsed by The Kingdom of Farmora.
- 16 days ago: Shuddera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Shuddera, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Shuddera, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings'.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Shuddera, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Shuddera, political activists are routinely executed.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Shuddera, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 19 days ago: Shuddera voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn North Korea".
- 19 days ago: Shuddera voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The Landmine Convention"".