“Yer damned if ya do, and yer damned if ya don't”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 24.416 billion Short shortsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the peat moss.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, euthanasia is legal.
- 18 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 18 hours ago: Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Short shorts was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
Endorsements Received: 76 » Sybaritic Socialists, Jenesia, Kureimoa, Alsted, Voxum Mortalum, Malacovia, Marmiedon, Nuweland, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Valrem, Ascara, Stromia, Linkisheer, Nou Occitania, Kroinengin, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Lexembourg, Silberia, Hamstery, Grasaland, Drenetharada, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, Beauvoir, Chiolena, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Veeten Engines, Toongoosia, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Albertinum, Multatuli, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Jon4de85, Carswellia, Greater Konigsberg, The Fair Republic, Melfar, Bering, Nukls-Andwicz, Science-Oriented Scots, and 26 others.Marmotien, The Roman Imperial Republic, French Canadia, Santamio, Foucaults garden, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, The City-State of Vienna, Vanbrugh, Monance, Hamland, An Clar, Turukelia, Welsh Valley, Liltow, Roath Park, Lenis, Zombie Empire V, Athos and Byzantium, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Heusdendaal, Mount Liban, Pantoufle, Semalia, and Novirod.