“Yer damned if ya do, and yer damned if ya don't”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 23.823 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Students cut up leftover peat mosss during Arts and Crafts, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, and recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the peat moss.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Athos and Byzantium.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- 20 hours ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Union Charlemagne.
- 20 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Short shorts was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Short shorts voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Sybaritic Socialists, Jenesia, Kureimoa, Alsted, Voxum Mortalum, Malacovia, Marmiedon, Capricania, Nuweland, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Valrem, Ascara, Stromia, Linkisheer, Nou Occitania, Kroinengin, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Lexembourg, Silberia, Hamstery, Grasaland, Drenetharada, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, Beauvoir, Chiolena, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Veeten Engines, Toongoosia, Pileusia, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Albertinum, Multatuli, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Jon4de85, Carswellia, Scorjthaal, Vest Franksland, Greater Konigsberg, The Fair Republic, and 27 others.Melfar, Bylantia, Bering, Nukls-Andwicz, Science-Oriented Scots, Marmotien, The Roman Imperial Republic, French Canadia, Santamio, Foucaults garden, Faery Land, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, The City-State of Vienna, Vanbrugh, Monance, Hamland, An Clar, Turukelia, Welsh Valley, Liltow, Eicant, Roath Park, Lenis, Zombie Empire V, Union Charlemagne, and Athos and Byzantium.