The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 28.331 billion Short shortsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. The income tax rate is 100%.
The powerhouse Short shortsian economy, worth a remarkable 7,033 trillion peat mosses a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 248,260 peat mosses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, Leader's exquisite office door is replaced monthly due to angry petitioners, and books are so highly regarded in Short shorts that libraries are often revered as holy shrines. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Short shorts was endorsed by The Empire of Cathae.
- : Short shorts was endorsed by The Kingdom of Lovisa.
- : Short shorts was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rahvav.
- : Short shorts was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Allenshire.
- : Short shorts voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Following new legislation in Short shorts, books are so highly regarded in Short shorts that libraries are often revered as holy shrines.
- : Short shorts was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preservation of Artefacts"".
- : Short shorts endorsed The Free Land of Zifre.
- : Following new legislation in Short shorts, Leader's exquisite office door is replaced monthly due to angry petitioners.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Jenesia, Alsted, Nuweland, Dauershire, Tigyland, Valrem, Stromia, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, The Fair Republic, Melfar, Marmotien, Foucaults garden, The City-State of Vienna, An Clar, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Ansington, Bohomo, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Manupolia, Northern German Federation, Basque Dominion, Troltovia, The Greater German Federal Republic, Woschia, Bescherelle, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Polonilandia, Tuccistahn, Wendot, The Zionward Union, Vesterheim, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, Eurosceptic Citizens, Spagna, Ivernia, Saudi Canadia, Dorsendo, Agrase, and 43 others.Charlesia, North of Americas, Fossekallen, GijsMr, Kwakwakutlopia, Eicant, Vinternia, Arlonaise, Bedolla, Imperialist German Empire, Newmere, MSolandish Empire, Alpinovia, The Lion of Damascus, Serbian Chetniks, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Achareidh, Cha0sNation, Azkalia, West-Berlin, Nova Kraken, Khogeer, Republic of the Goat, Mynox, Ayasofya, Otterner, GeneralStalin, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, Jamoea, The Blakeley Isles, Doerigsland, Czechlands, Excaliburrrr, The Kaisertum of Greater Germania, Continental Social Democrats, Zifre, Allenshire, Rahvav, Lovisa, and Cathae.