The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 26.222 billion Short shortsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. The income tax rate is 100%.
The strong Short shortsian economy, worth a remarkable 5,262 trillion peat mosses a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 200,701 peat mosses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave, retired racing three toed sloths are served truffles for breakfast, and bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, retired racing three toed sloths are served truffles for breakfast.
- 22 hours ago: Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Short shorts was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Short shorts endorsed The Grand Duchy of Eufland.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Eufland.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Sybaritic Socialists, Jenesia, Alsted, Nuweland, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Valrem, Stromia, Linkisheer, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, The Fair Republic, Melfar, Nukls-Andwicz, Marmotien, Foucaults garden, The City-State of Vienna, An Clar, Fauzjhia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Ansington, Tioton, Aurulie, Patcharas, Bohomo, Pileusia, The Imperial Plains, Sahtiala, Vinland et Scandineighvia, Gr4nd3nia, Outer Sparta, Wombelland, Prinx, Mamihlapinatapai, Hamland, Sudettenland, Polonilandia, Imperium Anglorum, Manupolia, and 23 others.Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Northern German Federation, Ivil, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Eltania, Basque Dominion, Pinderia, Aldland, Lonely Star Nation, Satan Bear, Wartoc, United Dragons, Forgotton Warriors, The Lair of the Mothman, Portuguese Explorers, Abrutus Etto, The German-speaking territories, Ligenburg, Mulderanian Empire, Airean, Krafchan, and Eufland.