“Yer damned if ya do, and yer damned if ya don't”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 24.647 billion Short shortsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The people are furious with the government for allowing citizens to be executed for petty crimes in foreign countries, school uniforms are compulsory, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the peat moss.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 minutes ago
- 21 minutes ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 23 minutes ago: Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The Free Land of Peaceful Plains of Duvtopia.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Short shorts was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 1%).
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Short shorts endorsed The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, school uniforms are compulsory.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Sybaritic Socialists, Jenesia, Kureimoa, Alsted, Voxum Mortalum, Marmiedon, Nuweland, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Valrem, Ascara, Stromia, Linkisheer, Nou Occitania, Kroinengin, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Lexembourg, Silberia, Hamstery, Grasaland, Drenetharada, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, Beauvoir, Chiolena, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Veeten Engines, Toongoosia, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Albertinum, Multatuli, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Jon4de85, Carswellia, The Fair Republic, Melfar, Bering, Nukls-Andwicz, Science-Oriented Scots, Marmotien, The Roman Imperial Republic, French Canadia, and 28 others.Foucaults garden, Each-Uisge, The City-State of Vienna, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Turukelia, Liltow, Roath Park, Lenis, Zombie Empire V, Athos and Byzantium, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Heusdendaal, Mount Liban, Pantoufle, Semalia, Novirod, United Iberian republics, Fauzjhia, Ayank, IB kingdom, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Wintermountain, Canopytown, and Peaceful Plains of Duvtopia.