“Yer damned if ya do, and yer damned if ya don't”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed population of 23.575 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Defence are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and criminals are thrown to the three toed sloths to repay their debt to society. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the peat moss.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 12 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Gianniking.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, criminals are thrown to the three toed sloths to repay their debt to society.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Short shorts was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 4 days ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 5 days ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Short shorts was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 80 » Sybaritic Socialists, Jenesia, Kureimoa, Alsted, Voxum Mortalum, Malacovia, Marmiedon, Capricania, Nuweland, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Saconian, Valrem, Ascara, Stromia, Linkisheer, Nou Occitania, Kroinengin, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Lexembourg, Silberia, Hamstery, Grasaland, Drenetharada, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, Beauvoir, Chiolena, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Veeten Engines, Toongoosia, Pileusia, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Albertinum, Multatuli, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Jon4de85, Carswellia, Scorjthaal, Vest Franksland, Greater Konigsberg, and 30 others.The Fair Republic, Melfar, Bylantia, Bering, Nukls-Andwicz, Science-Oriented Scots, Marmotien, Butale, The Roman Imperial Republic, French Canadia, Empire og Kirgizia, Santamio, Foucaults garden, Faery Land, Pesaro and Urbino, Each-Uisge, Domanouq, Novo Portugal, The City-State of Vienna, Vanbrugh, Monance, Hamland, An Clar, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Giuseppe Verdi, Ellan Vannin, Zeckland, Turukelia, Welsh Valley, and Bohamian Empire.