The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 26.116 billion Short shortsians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. The income tax rate is 100%.
The strong Short shortsian economy, worth a remarkable 5,147 trillion peat mosses a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 197,100 peat mosses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories, the government has outlawed extremist parties, and the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust.
- 16 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Short shorts was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, the government has outlawed extremist parties.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Short shorts endorsed The United States of The German-speaking territories.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Trading".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Short shorts endorsed The Borderlands of The Lair of the Mothman.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The United States of The German-speaking territories.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Sybaritic Socialists, Jenesia, Alsted, Nuweland, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Valrem, Stromia, Linkisheer, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, The Fair Republic, Melfar, Nukls-Andwicz, Marmotien, Foucaults garden, The City-State of Vienna, An Clar, Fauzjhia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Ansington, Tioton, Aurulie, Patcharas, Bohomo, Pileusia, The Imperial Plains, Sahtiala, Vinland et Scandineighvia, Gr4nd3nia, Outer Sparta, Wombelland, Prinx, Mamihlapinatapai, Hamland, Sudettenland, Polonilandia, Imperium Anglorum, Manupolia, and 19 others.Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Northern German Federation, Ivil, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Eltania, Basque Dominion, Pinderia, The Emeraude Coast, Aldland, Lonely Star Nation, Satan Bear, Wartoc, United Dragons, Forgotton Warriors, The Lair of the Mothman, Portuguese Explorers, Abrutus Etto, and The German-speaking territories.