“Yer damned if ya do, and yer damned if ya don't”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 24.447 billion Short shortsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, a government program is underway to revitalize Short shorts's beaches, and businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the peat moss.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Fauzjhia.
- 10 hours ago: Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"".
- 12 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Short shorts endorsed The Free Land of United Iberian republics.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, a government program is underway to revitalize Short shorts's beaches.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Sybaritic Socialists, Jenesia, Kureimoa, Alsted, Voxum Mortalum, Malacovia, Marmiedon, Nuweland, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Valrem, Ascara, Stromia, Linkisheer, Nou Occitania, Kroinengin, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Lexembourg, Silberia, Hamstery, Grasaland, Drenetharada, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, Beauvoir, Chiolena, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Veeten Engines, Toongoosia, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Albertinum, Multatuli, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Jon4de85, Carswellia, The Fair Republic, Melfar, Bering, Nukls-Andwicz, Science-Oriented Scots, Marmotien, and 26 others.The Roman Imperial Republic, French Canadia, Foucaults garden, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, The City-State of Vienna, Vanbrugh, Monance, Hamland, An Clar, Turukelia, Welsh Valley, Liltow, Roath Park, Lenis, Zombie Empire V, Athos and Byzantium, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Heusdendaal, Mount Liban, Pantoufle, Semalia, Novirod, United Iberian republics, and Fauzjhia.