“Yer damned if ya do, and yer damned if ya don't”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 25.153 billion Short shortsians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Short shorts Blood Tithe, the government is suspected of mass disappearing dissidents both at home and abroad, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the peat moss.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Short shorts was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- 8 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 17 hours ago: Short shorts voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 20 hours ago: Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The United States of Fesezia.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Short shorts was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Short shorts was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Gr4nd3nia.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Short shorts, the government is suspected of mass disappearing dissidents both at home and abroad.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Sybaritic Socialists, Jenesia, Kureimoa, Alsted, Marmiedon, Nuweland, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Valrem, Ascara, Stromia, Linkisheer, Kroinengin, Venetoland, Lexembourg, Drenetharada, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, Beauvoir, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Veeten Engines, Toongoosia, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Multatuli, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, The Fair Republic, Melfar, Bering, Nukls-Andwicz, Marmotien, Foucaults garden, The City-State of Vienna, An Clar, Norse German Federation, Fauzjhia, IB kingdom, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Zeebstein, and 21 others.Termunus, French Canadia, Ansington, Chervyshka, Tioton, Aurulie, The Gaben Legion, Patcharas, The United Turkish Nations, Bohomo, Pileusia, The Imperial Plains, Achareidh, Sahtiala, Ekeren, The LoUnited Nations, Horreum, Vinland et Scandineighvia, Fotila, Gr4nd3nia, and Fesezia.