The Federation of Short shorts is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 28.46 billion Short shortsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. The income tax rate is 100%.
The powerhouse Short shortsian economy, worth a remarkable 7,073 trillion peat mosses a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 248,530 peat mosses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, euthanasia is legal, and motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Short shorts's national animal is the three toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Short shorts was endorsed by The Principality of Saint Isabel.
- : Short shorts lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Short shorts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Toxic Heavy Metals Act".
- : Following new legislation in Short shorts, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
- : Following new legislation in Short shorts, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Short shorts, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Short shorts, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Short shorts endorsed The Empire of Stannard.
- : Following new legislation in Short shorts, there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees.
- : Following new legislation in Short shorts, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
Endorsements Received: 92 » Jenesia, Alsted, Nuweland, Dauershire, Tigyland, Valrem, Stromia, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Kaiserusse, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, The Fair Republic, Melfar, Marmotien, Foucaults garden, The City-State of Vienna, An Clar, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Ansington, Bohomo, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Manupolia, Northern German Federation, Basque Dominion, Troltovia, The Greater German Federal Republic, Woschia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Polonilandia, Wendot, The Zionward Union, Vesterheim, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, Eurosceptic Citizens, Spagna, Ivernia, Saudi Canadia, Dorsendo, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, Fossekallen, and 42 others.GijsMr, Kwakwakutlopia, Eicant, Vinternia, Arlonaise, Imperialist German Empire, Newmere, MSolandish Empire, Alpinovia, The Lion of Damascus, Serbian Chetniks, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Achareidh, Cha0sNation, Azkalia, West-Berlin, Nova Kraken, Khogeer, Republic of the Goat, Mynox, Ayasofya, Otterner, GeneralStalin, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, Jamoea, The Blakeley Isles, Doerigsland, Czechlands, Excaliburrrr, The Kaisertum of Greater Germania, Continental Social Democrats, Zifre, Rahvav, Lovisa, Cathae, Abalucia, Dragao da Luz, Stannard, and Saint Isabel.