“Home of Challenge Pissing”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Pacific
The Boredom King of Shoelocks is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.317 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Public Transport are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shoelockville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 44%. A very small private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, and all footpaths have tollbooths. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Shoelocks's national animal is the Shoelock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Toe of an English Teacher.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 24 days ago: Shoelocks resigned from the World Assembly.
- 31 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 32 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 51 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 51 days ago: Shoelocks lost the endorsement of The United Kingdom of Lumarlo.
- 53 days ago: Shoelocks was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Lumarlo.
- 70 days ago: Shoelocks was endorsed by The Dominion of Rothinzil.
- 73 days ago: Shoelocks was endorsed by Lucifer baggins.
- 80 days ago: Shoelocks endorsed The Proud Pacifican Nation of The Seeker of Power.
- 80 days ago: Shoelocks endorsed The Dominion of Rothinzil.