The Boredom King of Shoelocks is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.205 billion Shoelocksians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The enormous, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shoelockville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 63.8%.
The thriving Shoelocksian economy, worth 266 trillion Toe of an English Teachers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is 63,491 Toe of an English Teachers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 221,229 per year while the poor average 13,266, a ratio of 16.7 to 1.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, and all footpaths have tollbooths. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shoelocks's national animal is the Shoelock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 10 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 10 days ago: Shoelocks was refounded in Lazarus.
- 22 days ago: Shoelocks ceased to exist.
- 50 days ago: Shoelocks was refounded in Lazarus.
- 186 days ago: Shoelocks ceased to exist.
- 206 days ago: Shoelocks fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 214 days ago: Shoelocks relocated from Lazarus to The Pacific.
- 216 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 216 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 228 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).