“Home of Challenge Pissing”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Boredom King of Shoelocks is a massive, economically powerful nation, notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.673 billion Shoelocksians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Public Transport are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shoelockville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 44%. A very small private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, and all footpaths have tollbooths. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Shoelocks's national animal is the Shoelock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Toe of an English Teacher.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 20 hours ago
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Shoelocks relocated from Balder to Lazarus.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Shoelocks was refounded in Balder.
- 201 days ago: Shoelocks ceased to exist.
- 254 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 282 days ago: Shoelocks resigned from the World Assembly.
- 289 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 290 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 309 days ago: Shoelocks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 309 days ago: Shoelocks lost the endorsement of The United Kingdom of Lumarlo.