“Life Comes From-The Sun-Comes From The Tree”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Forest of Shirakahn is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.22 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime is totally unknown. Shirakahn's national animal is the freedom, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the happiness of all.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Shirakahn was ranked #1 in the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- 15 days ago: Shirakahn was endorsed by The Empire of Seidr.
- 20 days ago: Shirakahn was endorsed by The NeverEnding Story of Zed Army.
- 36 days ago: Shirakahn was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Shirakahn fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 38 days ago: Shirakahn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 40 days ago: Shirakahn was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- 46 days ago: Shirakahn was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 49 days ago: Shirakahn was endorsed by The Confederacy of Trevrid.
- 50 days ago: Shirakahn was endorsed by The Owl Republic of Fooooooooo.