“Life Comes From-The Sun-Comes From The Tree”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Forest of Shirakahn is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 12.703 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, cars are banned, and Freedom is one of the most popular forenames in Shirakahn. Crime is totally unknown. Shirakahn's national animal is the freedom, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the happiness of all.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Shirakahn was endorsed by The Baldness of North East Somerset.
- 10 days ago: Shirakahn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Shirakahn, Freedom is one of the most popular forenames in Shirakahn.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Shirakahn, cars are banned.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Shirakahn, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Shirakahn, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Shirakahn, the Shirakahn Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- 18 days ago: Shirakahn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Deep Space".
- 18 days ago: Shirakahn voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Accord".
- 19 days ago: Shirakahn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).