“In Reason We Trust”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Sheldonist Republic of Sheldony is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Sheldor with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.104 billion Sheldonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sheldonia. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sheldony's national animal is the Axolotl, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Sheldeuro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Sheldony was endorsed by The Utmost Tombian Democracy of The Democratic Republic of Tomb.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Sheldony was endorsed by The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- 18 days ago: Sheldony was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- 19 days ago: Sheldony voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, sex changes are routinely performed at Sheldony's hospitals.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Alunya, Olvern, Grosseschnauzer, Democatic Donkeys, God n Country n Byron, McMasterdonia, Blackshear41, HMS Unicorn, Novare Res, Ator People, Framhaven, Whereisthatistan, Former English Colony, 007James Bond, Bristol C, Kiwitaicho, Abacathea, Selfgradatude, Eumbner, Macworld, Pasargad, Giancarlo, Great Bights Mum, and The Democratic Republic of Tomb.