“In Reason We Trust”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Sheldonist Republic of Sheldony is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Sheldor with an iron fist, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 4.896 billion Sheldonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sheldonia. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country, Sheldony's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, and mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sheldony's national animal is the Axolotl, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Sheldeuro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 16 hours ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, Sheldony's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sheldony, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Sheldony changed its national demonym to "Sheldonian" and its demonym adjective to "Sheldonian".
- 8 days ago: Sheldony lost the endorsement of The Rekindled Kingdom of Dutchyland.
- 15 days ago: Sheldony was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Giancarlo.
- 18 days ago: Sheldony was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 21 days ago: Sheldony was endorsed by The Kingdom of Hemingford.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Alunya, Olvern, Grosseschnauzer, Democatic Donkeys, God n Country n Byron, McMasterdonia, Blackshear41, HMS Unicorn, Everywheristan, Novare Res, Ator People, Framhaven, Whereisthatistan, Former English Colony, Great Bights Mum, 007James Bond, Bristol C, Kiwitaicho, Abacathea, Selfgradatude, Eumbner, Macworld, Pasargad, and Giancarlo.