|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The United League
The Democratic Republic of Shaw State is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Talia Hope with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.747 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shaw State City. The average income tax rate is 55%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
CDs are regularly copy-protected, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, and the government is reining in public spending. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shaw State's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Shaw State fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 9 days ago: Shaw State was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Shaw State fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 22 days ago: Shaw State approved the World Assembly proposal "Legal Competence".
- 22 days ago: Shaw State approved the World Assembly proposal "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 22 days ago: Shaw State approved the World Assembly proposal "Assisted Suicide Act".
- 22 days ago: Shaw State voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 22 days ago: Shaw State voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Industrial Pollution Control "".
- 28 days ago: Shaw State was endorsed by The United States of Bad nation of matt.
- 30 days ago: Shaw State approved the World Assembly proposal "Rights of War Correspondents".