The Shadowlands of Shadyrya is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Arys with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, lack of airports, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.756 billion Shadyryans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Winterfell. The average income tax rate is 52.0%.
The strong Shadyryan economy, worth 329 trillion Stags a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 69,269 Stags, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Lord Arys has just been declared ruler of Shadyrya in an international press conference, 'removal of the heart' is the most common cause of death, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shadyrya's national animal is the Direwolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is The Old Gods.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 41 days ago: Following new legislation in Shadyrya, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 42 days ago: Shadyrya altered its national flag.
- 70 days ago: Shadyrya altered its national flag.
- 70 days ago: Shadyrya was refounded in Balder.
- 127 days ago: Shadyrya ceased to exist.
- 133 days ago: Shadyrya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 161 days ago: Shadyrya changed its national motto to "For House Tarly".
- 161 days ago: Shadyrya altered its national flag.
- 161 days ago: Shadyrya was refounded in Lazarus.
- 179 days ago: Shadyrya ceased to exist.