The Shadowlands of Shadyrya is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Lord Arys with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, lack of airports, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.153 billion Shadyryans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Winterfell. The average income tax rate is 52.0%.
The strong Shadyryan economy, worth 356 trillion Stags a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 69,269 Stags, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Lord Arys has just been declared ruler of Shadyrya in an international press conference, 'removal of the heart' is the most common cause of death, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shadyrya's national animal is the Direwolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is The Old Gods.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 16 days ago: Shadyrya fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 43 days ago: Shadyrya was refounded in Osiris.
- 48 days ago: Shadyrya ceased to exist.
- 112 days ago: Following new legislation in Shadyrya, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 112 days ago: Shadyrya altered its national flag.
- 140 days ago: Shadyrya altered its national flag.
- 140 days ago: Shadyrya was refounded in Balder.
- 198 days ago: Shadyrya ceased to exist.
- 204 days ago: Shadyrya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 231 days ago: Shadyrya changed its national motto to "For House Tarly".