The Holy Empire of Shadeius is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Your Lord and Master with an iron fist, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.233 billion Shadeians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adiemus. The income tax rate is 100%.
The strong Shad economy, worth a remarkable 1,056 trillion Breads a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Gambling industry. Average income is an impressive 146,025 Breads, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political activists are routinely executed, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shadeius's national animal is the Bird, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Grand Church of the Holy Light.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shadeius voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bitely".
- : Following new legislation in Shadeius, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging.
- : Shadeius was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- : Shadeius was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Shadeius, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Shadeius, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- : Following new legislation in Shadeius, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Shadeius withdrew its endorsement from The Nomadic Peoples of Damanucus.
- : Shadeius was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Shadeius, all footpaths have tollbooths.