The Queen's State of Sever Common is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 5.52 billion Sever Commonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid. The average income tax rate is 58.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Sever Commonian economy, worth 95.2 trillion betales a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 17,252 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is voluntary and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sever Common's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sever Common fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Sever Common altered the regional flag of Repubblika ta Malta.
- : Sever Common fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- : Sever Common established the regional flag of Repubblika ta Malta.
- : Sever Common's influence in Repubblika ta Malta rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- : Sever Common proposed constructing embassies between Repubblika ta Malta and Mordovia.
- : Sever Common proposed constructing embassies between Repubblika ta Malta and Corrientes.
- : Sever Common relocated from Pacific Union to Repubblika ta Malta.
- : Sever Common founded the region Repubblika ta Malta.
- : Sever Common relocated from The Americas to Pacific Union.