The Queen's State of Sever Common is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its absence of drug laws and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 7.175 billion Sever Commonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid. The average income tax rate is 59.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Sever Commonian economy, worth 123 trillion betales a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 17,241 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is voluntary and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sever Common's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sever Common's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sever Common relocated from Ecuador to Brazzaville.
- : Sever Common was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Sever Common was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : Sever Common's influence in Ecuador fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Sever Common's influence in Ecuador rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Sever Common's influence in Ecuador rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sever Common's influence in Ecuador rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Sever Common relocated from Guayaquil to Ecuador.
- : Sever Common relocated from Repubblika ta Malta to Guayaquil.