“And The Hibs Go Marching On!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Roman Empire
The Holy Empire of Serrland is a colossal, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 8.081 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as the Environment and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Serr City. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Protests are legal but strictly supervised, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, and 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Serrland's national animal is the Turkey Vulture, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Byzantine Catholic, and its currency is the Imperial Ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Serrland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 9 days ago: Serrland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 11 days ago: Serrland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 14 days ago: Serrland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Serrland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 18 days ago: Serrland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 25 days ago: Serrland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 27 days ago: Serrland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 27 days ago: Serrland lost the position of Roman Empire WA Delegate to The Consecrated Roman Province of Zimobia.
- 28 days ago: Serrland lost the endorsement of The Consecrated Roman Province of Zimobia.
Endorsements Received: None.