“Glory to Serrland Unto the Ages”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Holy Empire of Serrland is a colossal, devout nation, renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 9.947 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as the Environment and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Serr City. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
'unconventional' weaponry has been banned, the nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Serrland's national animal is the Turkey Vulture, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Byzantine Catholic, and its currency is the Imperial Ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 21 days ago: Serrland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: Serrland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 29 days ago: Serrland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 35 days ago: Serrland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 38 days ago: Serrland was endorsed by The Error-Prone Scholars of Revert.
- 38 days ago: Serrland was endorsed by The I am not Osiran anymore of Montresoria.
- 38 days ago: Serrland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 42 days ago: Serrland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 47 days ago: Serrland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 56 days ago: Serrland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).