“Perseverance in preservation”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.14 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Fellowship of Leaves, and its currency is the seran.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Seranis endorsed The Commonwealth of Mondragonia.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Seranis endorsed The Empire of Maxinovi.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Seranis was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Mondragonia.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Seranis was endorsed by The Empire of Maxinovi.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, retired racing elks are served truffles for breakfast.
- 4 days ago: Seranis endorsed The Taco Autocracy of Benevolent Thomas.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Hayden Island, Blogotopia, Phrados, Arkanglia, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Athidon, Spadanera, Tzo, Achiotopia, Christian Indonesia, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Kokkinostan, Western Zweiback, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Biblical Importance, Thesan, Lubnid, Quineticut, Earth Federation, Invictus, Rex Republic, Cammiwoo, Republic of VEW, Wolfco, Jamestonian Empire, Lost Islands of Pantagon, KooKachoo, The imperial state of Japan, Ellaria, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Aquinoland, Gypsy vixens, Slaytania, Anollasia, Northern Koryeo, St Saviour, Fingaroff, Thomason, Exemplaire, Iontan, Onarii, Randomain, LordVetinari, SverigeKins, Stravatia, and 33 others.Fulheim, Telmo Erik, An Isolated Populace, Wailfolk, Testa, YildizBona, Kelvinski, Lahuland, Cerb, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Krallaria, Puerto Barrio, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Kingdom of Rhodes, HEU 1, Zyrcrestia, Samonaemia, DannyDeVitostan, Freres La Cote, Chronopolice, Eust, Oseus, Arnor and Gondor-, Dendor, Screaming Saint, Tinbo, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Germanic Unity, ProgUtopia, Indian Empire, Benevolent Thomas, Maxinovi, and Mondragonia.