The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 13.18 billion Seranisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Seranisian economy, worth a remarkable 3,663 trillion serans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 277,951 serans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Future leaders of Seranis regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, robosexual marriages are increasingly common, and directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Seranis Meadows as a backdrop. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Fellowship of Leaves.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Seranis Meadows as a backdrop.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, robosexual marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, future leaders of Seranis regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Seranis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
Endorsements Received: 120 » FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Athidon, Tzo, Achiotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Imbarien, Earth Federation, Rex Republic, The imperial state of Japan, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, Iontan, Onarii, Testa, Kelvinski, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Wolfhunters, Grungerock, Spncrgmn, Beiluxia, Steidenland, Zyrcrestia, Erinyes Alecto, Kokkinostan, Samonaemia, Blogotopia, Denly, The Iron Crown Order, Ilha Rongo Koa, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeklandia, The Republic of lkxciv, Germanahii, Zumwalt, Austral Coast, Old Atlantica, Samanar, De Danann, AmericaIS THE BEST, Sapphiretopia, Manlinesslavia, Drakkar Unitary Absolutist, Chronopolice, Cardini, Hasurei, and 70 others.New Icelandic Republic, Caustralia, The Tasmanian Islands, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Hellazar, A Death Arena, Spiritbw, Zeganas, Crustacion, Colonel Terrosit, Lady of the light, Candlewhisper Archive, Perzische Keizer, Doltry, Germanic and Jewish people, Aedue, Ceremonial Pipe Company, Mitoland, Wailfolk, Switmerica, Saint Laura Islands, Collective Society of Clementi, The Confederacy of PanAmerican States, Better Indonesia, Leirkra, Dragonlightning, Urinai, Aipotu Ruo, Matterland, Digatoria, Iluuz, Carthosha, Siuts, Hawalius, Dopiax, Deesates, Korean United States, Puzzlement Pizza, Glorious Nero, Louisistan, Othan, Skiles Empire, Cesaris, Jeremima, Sorya, Sofa Class, Breax Scait, Mursilis, The Republic of The Sith, Jakeintha, Metricis, Sovereign Republic of Welm, Ibiiza, Xestar, Quinaliezel, Kongeriket Vest-Finnmark, Cream of Potato Soup, North Southumberland, Wysrod, South Baker, The Exclave Of Chernoclav, Imperium Septentrionalis, Central Realms, Republic of Pera, Keam, Republic Of Sindria, Myopic, The United Universe, Elsewhereland, and Mohr.