The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.023 billion Seranisians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The average income tax rate is 99.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Seranisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,691 trillion serans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 244,151 serans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, citizens are bleary-eyed after staying up all night with a good book (Seranis has found 4 easter eggs), morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Fellowship of Leaves.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 23 hours ago
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Seranis was endorsed by The Allied States of Samanar.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, citizens are bleary-eyed after staying up all night with a good book (Seranis has found 4 easter eggs).
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 6 days ago: Seranis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- 7 days ago: Seranis was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, the elk is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Phrados, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Athidon, Tzo, Achiotopia, Christian Indonesia, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Earth Federation, Rex Republic, Jamestonian Empire, The imperial state of Japan, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, Iontan, Onarii, Randomain, Testa, Kelvinski, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Chronopolice, Screaming Saint, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Wolfhunters, Lost Islands of Pantagon, SOAD Music, Grungerock, Spncrgmn, Beiluxia, Steidenland, Zyrcrestia, Erinyes Alecto, Kokkinostan, Samonaemia, Nojia, Blogotopia, Denly, The Iron Crown Order, Fujisan, Richecstan, Pilrimania, Kevnaria, Valentina Volkova, Ilha Rongo Koa, and 22 others.Zeganas, Aersoldorf, New Quantopia, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeklandia, West Gensokyo, The Republic of lkxciv, Germanahii, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Zumwalt, Othan, Ozylandias, Aipotu Ruo, Abbata, Nation O Daleks, Austral Coast, Yustafar, Old Atlantica, Anjing galak, The Democratic Republic of Ashland, Grecoroma, and Samanar.