The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 13.519 billion Seranisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Seranisian economy, worth a remarkable 3,938 trillion serans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 291,357 serans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits, the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, and the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Seranisian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Fellowship of Leaves.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Seranisian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Seranis was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Seranis was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
Endorsements Received: 109 » FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Athidon, Tzo, Achiotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Imbarien, Earth Federation, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, Iontan, Onarii, Testa, Kelvinski, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Wolfhunters, Grungerock, Spncrgmn, Beiluxia, Zyrcrestia, Kokkinostan, Samonaemia, Blogotopia, Denly, The Iron Crown Order, Ilha Rongo Koa, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeklandia, The Republic of lkxciv, Germanahii, Old Atlantica, De Danann, AmericaIS THE BEST, Sapphiretopia, Manlinesslavia, Drakkar Unitary Absolutist, Chronopolice, Cardini, New Icelandic Republic, Caustralia, The Tasmanian Islands, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Hellazar, A Death Arena, Spiritbw, and 59 others.Zeganas, Crustacion, Colonel Terrosit, Lady of the light, Candlewhisper Archive, Perzische Keizer, Doltry, Germanic and Jewish people, Aedue, Ceremonial Pipe Company, Wailfolk, Collective Society of Clementi, The Confederacy of PanAmerican States, Better Indonesia, Leirkra, Urinai, Aipotu Ruo, Matterland, Digatoria, Iluuz, Carthosha, Siuts, Hawalius, Dopiax, Puzzlement Pizza, Glorious Nero, Louisistan, Cesaris, Jeremima, Sofa Class, Breax Scait, Mursilis, The Republic of The Sith, Metricis, Sovereign Republic of Welm, North Southumberland, Wysrod, South Baker, The Exclave Of Chernoclav, Keam, Republic Of Sindria, Myopic, Elsewhereland, Mohr, Sedburgh, Rabbitomia, XDia, Phrados, Doltharos, Kharbydriss, Gunzerlander, Viadora, Anollasia, New Mimiland, Calupti, The Sarsinian Islands, The State of Walrus Devotion, Militanis, and Grimlandia.