“Perseverance in preservation”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: 10000 Islands
The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.958 billion Seranisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Religious education is a new government priority, Seranis is building an army to protect its overseas territories, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Fellowship of Leaves, and its currency is the seran.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, Seranis is building an army to protect its overseas territories.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, religious education is a new government priority.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, government policy is dictated by Fellowship of Leaves.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- 23 hours ago: Seranis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 23 hours ago: Seranis endorsed The Dominion of The Isle of Tol Eressea.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Seranis was endorsed by The Dominion of The Isle of Tol Eressea.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Seranis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
Endorsements Received: 74 » Hayden Island, Blogotopia, Phrados, Arkanglia, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Athidon, Spadanera, Tzo, Achiotopia, Christian Indonesia, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Kokkinostan, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Thesan, Lubnid, Quineticut, Earth Federation, Invictus, Rex Republic, Wolfco, Jamestonian Empire, KooKachoo, The imperial state of Japan, Ellaria, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, Anollasia, Northern Koryeo, Thomason, Exemplaire, Iontan, Onarii, Randomain, Fulheim, Testa, Kelvinski, Lahuland, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Puerto Barrio, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Kingdom of Rhodes, HEU 1, Samonaemia, Freres La Cote, Chronopolice, Eust, and 24 others.Arnor and Gondor-, Dendor, Screaming Saint, Tinbo, Benevolent Thomas, Zybex, Coreras, Naarang, Morbid Mothmen Of Malibu, Mystiquelle, Wolfhunters, Daves most Amazing Nation To Ever Nation, Aeneasia, Lost Islands of Pantagon, SOAD Music, Grungerock, Avoxlia, Spncrgmn, Korbinas, United Order, Beiluxia, Skiles Empire, Jusra, and The Isle of Tol Eressea.