“Perseverance in preservation”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: 10000 Islands
The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.523 billion Seranisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, and the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Fellowship of Leaves, and its currency is the seran.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda.
- 5 days ago: Seranis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 6 days ago: Seranis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 7 days ago: Seranis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 7 days ago: Seranis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 7 days ago: Seranis endorsed The United Systems of Nojia.
- 7 days ago: Seranis was endorsed by The United Systems of Nojia.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Blogotopia, Phrados, Arkanglia, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Athidon, Tzo, Achiotopia, Christian Indonesia, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Thesan, Earth Federation, Invictus, Rex Republic, Wolfco, Jamestonian Empire, The imperial state of Japan, Ellaria, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, Anollasia, Thomason, Iontan, Onarii, Randomain, Testa, Kelvinski, Lahuland, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Yatsuhashimurasaki, HEU 1, Freres La Cote, Chronopolice, Arnor and Gondor-, Screaming Saint, Zybex, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Wolfhunters, Lost Islands of Pantagon, SOAD Music, Grungerock, Spncrgmn, Korbinas, Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, and 14 others.Steidenland, Markanite, Mursilis, Nubpryton, LARF, Aipotu Ruo, Zyrcrestia, Goat Horns, Erinyes Alecto, Kokkinostan, Elzirn, Zafalla, Samonaemia, and Nojia.