“Perseverance in preservation”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.573 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and photographers have to apply for a license to photograph a staunch environmentalist. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Fellowship of Leaves, and its currency is the seran.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph a staunch environmentalist.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, citizens must pay to enjoy Seranis's pristine beaches.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Hayden Island, Blogotopia, Phrados, Coreras, Arkanglia, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Athidon, Spadanera, Tzo, Achiotopia, Christian Indonesia, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Kokkinostan, Western Zweiback, Ravenclaw Towers, Edgemaster, Imbarien, Walosia, Tesla Electricity Nation, Biblical Importance, Thesan, Lubnid, Quineticut, Earth Federation, Sheldanada, Invictus, Rex Republic, Cammiwoo, Atharium, Republic of VEW, Wolfco, Jamestonian Empire, Lost Islands of Pantagon, KooKachoo, Sehkmet, Steidenland, The imperial state of Japan, Witchcraft and Sorcery, Ellaria, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Aquinoland, Ayunli, Beezelbub, Vilsilvia, Gypsy vixens, Slaytania, and 54 others.Anollasia, Northern Koryeo, St Saviour, Britannium, Fingaroff, Thomason, EmpireOfRisingSun, Exemplaire, Iontan, Onarii, New Julianna, Zenthi, Randomain, The 4th Wallsian Regime, Ardreas, Wezz, LordVetinari, SverigeKins, Stravatia, Fulheim, Telmo Erik, An Isolated Populace, Wailfolk, Testa, YildizBona, Kelvinski, Lenintopia, Lahuland, Cerb, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Krallaria, Puerto Barrio, Eaglleia, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Absurrania, Kingdom of Rhodes, HEU 1, New Kourt, Zyrcrestia, Adaloupe, Samonaemia, Jusra, Zimmer-Land, DannyDeVitostan, Magical Dreamworks, Freres La Cote, Chronopolice, Eust, Thanya, Oseus, Indigo Coast, All Things People, Norwads, and Echolilia.