The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 10.457 billion Seranisians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Seranisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,414 trillion serans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 230,919 serans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Religious education is a new government priority, all tariffs have been abolished, protests are legal but strictly supervised, and citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Fellowship of Leaves.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, all tariffs have been abolished.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, religious education is a new government priority.
- 22 hours ago: Seranis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Seranis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, Amnesty Interregional has condemned Seranis for ignoring crimes against humanity.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Seranis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Seranis, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Phrados, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Athidon, Tzo, Achiotopia, Christian Indonesia, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Earth Federation, Invictus, Rex Republic, Jamestonian Empire, The imperial state of Japan, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, Anollasia, Iontan, Onarii, Randomain, Testa, Kelvinski, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Yatsuhashimurasaki, HEU 1, Freres La Cote, Chronopolice, Screaming Saint, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Wolfhunters, Lost Islands of Pantagon, SOAD Music, Grungerock, Spncrgmn, Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Steidenland, Aipotu Ruo, Zyrcrestia, Erinyes Alecto, Kokkinostan, Samonaemia, Nojia, Wysrod, Blogotopia, Namabia, and 20 others.Denly, The Iron Crown Order, Fujisan, Asgard the Home of Thor, Richecstan, The Peach Islands, Pilrimania, Moner Nation, The Republic of Michigan, Kevnaria, Valentina Volkova, All glory to the hypno-toad, Ilha Rongo Koa, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, New Quantopia, Terra de Portugal, Steamhaven II, Green Counties, and Royal Hindus.