“Wealth and Power”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Alien Sultanate of Serandum is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-working population of 24.583 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although the Environment and Education are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 33%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Half of Serandum's doctors can't speak the language, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle, the welfare administrations new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists, and large areas of Serandum are not accessible by the public. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Serandum's national animal is the koala, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the sendum.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 7 days ago: Serandum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 14 days ago: Serandum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 15 days ago: Serandum fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 16 days ago: Serandum's influence in Africa fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 17 days ago: Serandum relocated from Lazarus to Africa.
- 17 days ago: Serandum was refounded in Lazarus.
- 26 days ago: Serandum ceased to exist.
- 43 days ago: Serandum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 51 days ago: Serandum's influence in Africa fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 52 days ago: Serandum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.