The Alien Sultanate of Serandum is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-working, cheerful population of 26.974 billion Serandumians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Environment and Education also on the agenda, while Healthcare and Welfare receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.2%.
The strong Serandumian economy, worth a remarkable 3,436 trillion sendums a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 127,415 sendums, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 516,612 per year while the poor average 20,918, a ratio of 24.7 to 1.
Half of Serandum's doctors can't speak the language, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle, the welfare administrations new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists, and large areas of Serandum are not accessible by the public. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Serandum's national animal is the koala, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 33 days ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Serandum's influence in Africa fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Serandum's influence in Africa rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Serandum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 12 days ago: Serandum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 12 days ago: Serandum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 14 days ago: Serandum's influence in Africa fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 21 days ago: Serandum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Serandum fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 29 days ago: Serandum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 32 days ago: Serandum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.