The Central Republic of Septalon is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ambroscus Koth with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.071 billion Septalonians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Betasector. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.4%.
The powerhouse Septalonian economy, worth 922 trillion septoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 76,391 septoes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 222,392 per year while the poor average 20,751, a ratio of 10.7 to 1.
Marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, and students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem. Septalon's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Septalon altered its national flag.
- : Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Septalon lodged a message on the The Imperial Legion Regional Message Board.
- : Septalon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens, Largest Gambling Industry, Most Avoided, Largest Populations, and Most Pro-Market.
- : Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.