The Central Republic of Septalon is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Ambroscus Koth with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.996 billion Septalonians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Betasector. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.5%.
The powerhouse Septalonian economy, worth 696 trillion septoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 77,404 septoes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 227,119 per year while the poor average 20,795, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, and students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem. Septalon's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 16 days ago: Septalon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 38 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 79 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 92 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 99 days ago: Septalon's influence in The Imperial Legion rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 100 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 111 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 121 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 136 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 150 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.