“You choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.”
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: The Imperial Legion
The Central Republic of Septalon is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ambroscus Koth with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.444 billion Septalonians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, pro-business morass -- concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Betasector. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining industries.
Marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, and students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem. Septalon's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the septo.
Septalon is ranked 8th in The Imperial Legion and 103,220th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -142.5 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 32 days ago
- 4 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 12 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 32 days ago: Septalon relocated from Lazarus to The Imperial Legion.
- 32 days ago: Septalon was refounded in Lazarus.
- 33 days ago: Septalon ceased to exist.
- 53 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 70 days ago: Septalon's influence in The Imperial Legion rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 85 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 89 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 92 days ago: Septalon's influence in The Imperial Legion fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".