“You choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.”
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: The Imperial Legion
The Central Republic of Septalon is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Ambroscus Koth with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.41 billion Septalonians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Betasector. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.5%.
The powerhouse Septalonian economy, worth 658 trillion septoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 78,346 septoes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 229,884 per year while the poor average 21,048, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, and students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem. Septalon's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Septalon is ranked 3rd in The Imperial Legion and 103,787th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -96.55 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Septalon's influence in The Imperial Legion rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 13 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 23 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 38 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 52 days ago: Septalon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 89 days ago: Septalon lost WA Delegate status in The Imperial Legion.
- 89 days ago: Septalon resigned from the World Assembly.
- 91 days ago: Septalon's influence in The Imperial Legion rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 98 days ago: Septalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.