The Queen's State of Sept Pourune is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 18.007 billion Sept Pouruneans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.2%.
The all-consuming Sept Pourunean economy, worth a remarkable 1,075 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 59,711 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 218,287 per year while the poor average 11,585, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
Streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, and voting is voluntary. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sept Pourune's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sept Pourune fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Sept Pourune fell out of the world Top 10% for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Sept Pourune was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Sept Pourune was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Sept Pourune was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Sept Pourune was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Sept Pourune was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Sept Pourune was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Sept Pourune was ranked #1 in the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Sept Pourune was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.