“The Imperial Virtue is Peace”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Imperial Republic of Sensal is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Gyungi Younghyun with an even hand, and notable for its suspicion of poets. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.945 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hanyang . Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining industries.
Nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as Sensal's House of Parliament, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sensal's national animal is the Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Imperial Pyonga.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 19 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 24 days ago: Sensal's influence in Ellorea rose from "Envoy" to "Ambassador".
- 31 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 35 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 42 days ago: Sensal's influence in Ellorea rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 45 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 49 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 55 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 1%).
- 55 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.