The Imperial Republic of Sensal is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Gyungi Younghyun with an even hand, and renowned for its ritual sacrifices, enslaved workforce, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 10.836 billion Sensalians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hanyang. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sensalian economy, worth a remarkable 3,189 trillion Imperial Pyongas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 294,365 Imperial Pyongas, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,263,566 per year while the poor average 10,251, a ratio of 220 to 1.
Newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, loans are available for students from poor families, and soldiers are equipped with multi-million Imperial Pyonga battlesuits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sensal's national animal is the Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 11 hours ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 4 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 10 days ago: Sensal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 26 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 26 days ago: Sensal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 30 days ago: Sensal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 35 days ago: Sensal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 41 days ago: Sensal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 44 days ago: Sensal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 44 days ago: Sensal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.