The Imperial State of Segennea is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Penelope with an even hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful population of 5.48 billion Segenns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvida. The average income tax rate is 79.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Segenn economy, worth 234 trillion bits a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,757 bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure, former school buses now regularly shuttle kids to the nearest shopping centers to work, and cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Segennea's national animal is the Peregrine falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Methodism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Segennea's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Segennea's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Segennea's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Segennea's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Segennea updated the World Factbook entry in Emerson Bay.
- : Segennea dismissed Segennea as Lord President of Emerson Bay.
- : Segennea removed Executive authority from the WA Delegate in Emerson Bay.
- : Segennea relocated from Emerson Bay to The Rejected Realms.
- : Segennea resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Segennea lodged a message on the Emerson Bay Regional Message Board.