“Parare Domino plebem perfectam”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: North Valhaven
The People's Kingdom of Segennea is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Queen Cheyenne with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate population of 3.865 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Centerhill. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter', the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Segennea's national animal is the panda bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Methodist, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Segennea, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Segennea, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- 1 day ago: Segennea lodged a message on the North Valhaven Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Segennea's influence in North Valhaven rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Segennea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Segennea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Segennea endorsed The Kingdom of Valenfelm.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Segennea was endorsed by The Kingdom of Valenfelm.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Segennea's influence in North Valhaven fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Segennea, politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter'.