The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 19.175 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is dominated by the Department of Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 4,592 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 239,497 pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,161,041 per year while the poor average 28,596, a ratio of 40.6 to 1.
Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics, the nation refuses to provide international aid, and the government has completely eliminated all childcare programs. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- : Sedgistan was endorsed by The Dogfighters of Warzone Codger.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the government has completely eliminated all childcare programs.
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bitely".
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics.
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : Sedgistan was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Kingdom of Lyon.
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
Endorsements Received: 40 » Zyonn, --Camila--, Crazy Firemen, Liuchong, Unavailable, The Citizens Commonwealth, Indira, Empirix, Perfect Sublime Masters, Romosia, Stabilitatem, Trawa, Pelaejawey, Byzant, Shuddera, Azrkyrtovaken, Cosignant, The holy isles, Ouranberg, Zdravstvuite, Pactra, MonkeyAndy, Pan-Euroasia, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, Avirum, Gothmogs, Elyllia, Farrakhan, Wandysland, Guy, Caneighda, Svyatoy Molnii, The Russian Federation and Soviet Union, Konblia, Uchu, Kikomo, Equestria and Griffon, and Kingdom of Lyon.