The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 20.434 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Spirituality and Welfare not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant Sedgistani economy, worth 385 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 18,863 pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 169,770 per year while the poor average 260, a ratio of 651 to 1.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails, and morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Education Act".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Sedgistan agreed to construct embassies between San Francisco Bay Area and Anarchy.
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preservation of Artefacts"".
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Zyonn, Crazy Firemen, Liuchong, The Citizens Commonwealth, Indira, Empirix, Perfect Sublime Masters, Romosia, Byzant, Shuddera, Ouranberg, Zdravstvuite, Pactra, MonkeyAndy, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, Gothmogs, Farrakhan, Caneighda, Svyatoy Molnii, Konblia, Kingdom of Lyon, Kazafbajistan, Sastrugia, Cocaine factory island, Libetarian Republics, Saundie, Bowiemoria, Pastafarianism Is Love, Danstin, The tiny dot, Doormat to the Lord, Pan-Euroasia, Panormia, Mongo-Highlander, Petrovskas, Rabidragonia, The Dictorship of Nobodies, UKIMAR RBON, Stabilitatem, Blackadder the third, Adam Monroe, and Tienchiistein.