“Don't piss down my back and try and tell me it's raining.”
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 17.638 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals prioritizes Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 4,190 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 237,566 pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 735,795 per year while the poor average 59,096, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
All tariffs have been abolished, Greyhound racing stadiums are open 24/7, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, and the nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 minutes ago
- 106 minutes ago: Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 hours ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The Liberal Republic of Avirum.
- 16 hours ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Black Hordes.
- 2 days ago: Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The WA Gnomes' Willing Bitch of Omigodtheyclonedkenny.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The Empire of The Austria-Hungary.
- 3 days ago: Sedgistan lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque.
- 5 days ago: Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 50 » Zyonn, --Camila--, Crazy Firemen, Liuchong, Unavailable, The Citizens Commonwealth, Indira, Covenlore, Empirix, Keefenstein, Perfect Sublime Masters, Romosia, Stabilitatem, Trawa, Pelaejawey, Byzant, Iramerica, Shuddera, Vestr-Norig, Azrkyrtovaken, Cosignant, The holy isles, Ouranberg, Phalangetopia, The Argentinian Regime, Unibot III, Zdravstvuite, Logibict, Pactra, Bvriania, MonkeyAndy, Hemingford, Marohi Erqi, Addled Braintopia, Marrow Wind, Nuver, Pan-Euroasia, Sarotte, The Russian Federation and Soviet Union, Moerderreich, Farmora, Alpha Centauri 1, Golarion, Loftegen, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, The Austria-Hungary, Omigodtheyclonedkenny, Black Hordes, and Avirum.