The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 18.239 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 4,346 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 238,306 pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 748,483 per year while the poor average 58,094, a ratio of 12.9 to 1.
Inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, the wreckages of bombed planes that litter Sedgistan are highly popular tourist destinations, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 51 minutes ago
- 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the wreckages of bombed planes that litter Sedgistan are highly popular tourist destinations.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Trading".
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The United Socialist Republics of Aistaan.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Sedgistan lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The United Socialist Republics of Aistaan.
- 6 days ago: Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
Endorsements Received: 41 » Zyonn, --Camila--, Crazy Firemen, Liuchong, Unavailable, The Citizens Commonwealth, Indira, Covenlore, Empirix, Keefenstein, Perfect Sublime Masters, Romosia, Stabilitatem, Trawa, Pelaejawey, Byzant, Iramerica, Shuddera, Vestr-Norig, Azrkyrtovaken, Cosignant, The holy isles, Ouranberg, Unibot III, Zdravstvuite, Logibict, Pactra, Bvriania, MonkeyAndy, Nuver, Pan-Euroasia, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, Avirum, Cocaine factory island, Gothmogs, Oxirix, Elyllia, Farrakhan, and Ereasil.