“Don't piss down my back and try and tell me it's raining.”
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: The Moon
The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of public education. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 15.184 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals concentrates mainly on Education, although Commerce and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Disaster victims are viewed with disdain, commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers, innocent people are routinely stoned to death by frenzied lynch mobs, and the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 23 hours ago: Sedgistan was ranked #1 in the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Sedgistan's influence in The Moon rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: #1).
- 4 days ago: Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 4 days ago: Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 8 days ago: Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 12 days ago: Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 13 days ago: Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Macedon"".