The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 20.775 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Spirituality and Law & Order not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant Sedgistani economy, worth 398 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 19,192 pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 172,730 per year while the poor average 265, a ratio of 651 to 1.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, the nation's entire cultural heritage is being auctioned off to the rich, and the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the nation's entire cultural heritage is being auctioned off to the rich.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Sedgistan was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Lord Krux.
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pesticide Regulations".
- : Sedgistan was endorsed by The Advanced Empire of True Koreas Peoples Nation of Democracy.
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Macedonia".
- : Sedgistan was endorsed by The Empire of Midgari.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, folk singers have replaced personal injury lawyers in being ridiculed as "ambulance chasers".
Endorsements Received: 51 » Zyonn, Crazy Firemen, Liuchong, The Citizens Commonwealth, Indira, Empirix, Perfect Sublime Masters, Romosia, Byzant, Shuddera, Ouranberg, Zdravstvuite, Pactra, MonkeyAndy, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, Gothmogs, Farrakhan, Caneighda, Svyatoy Molnii, Konblia, Kingdom of Lyon, Kazafbajistan, Sastrugia, Cocaine factory island, Libetarian Republics, Saundie, Bowiemoria, Pastafarianism Is Love, Danstin, The tiny dot, Doormat to the Lord, Pan-Euroasia, Panormia, Mongo-Highlander, Petrovskas, Rabidragonia, The Dictorship of Nobodies, UKIMAR RBON, Stabilitatem, Adam Monroe, Tienchiistein, Dar es Saalam, Lopea, Novalium, Perzeztroika, Herewestand, The Russian Federation and Soviet Union, The Sol Ecumene, Midgari, and 1 other.True Koreas Peoples Nation of Democracy.