The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, unlimited-speed roads, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 18.347 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 4,416 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 240,709 pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,052,516 per year while the poor average 34,729, a ratio of 30.3 to 1.
Businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, surveillance cameras are banned, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The Republic of Rutterumberland.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the children of Sedgistan are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, Sedgistan's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Zyonn, --Camila--, Crazy Firemen, Liuchong, Unavailable, The Citizens Commonwealth, Indira, Covenlore, Empirix, Keefenstein, Perfect Sublime Masters, Romosia, Stabilitatem, Trawa, Pelaejawey, Byzant, Shuddera, Vestr-Norig, Azrkyrtovaken, Cosignant, The holy isles, Ouranberg, Unibot III, Zdravstvuite, Logibict, Pactra, Bvriania, MonkeyAndy, Nuver, Pan-Euroasia, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, Avirum, Cocaine factory island, Gothmogs, Oxirix, Elyllia, Farrakhan, Ereasil, and Rutterumberland.