The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, anti-smoking policies, and flagrant waste-dumping. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 18.76 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 4,466 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 238,069 pounds, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,294,865 per year while the poor average 22,504, a ratio of 57.5 to 1.
All tariffs have been abolished, prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, and concussed Greyhoundball players cannot remember their lineup position. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, concussed Greyhoundball players cannot remember their lineup position.
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason.
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, all tariffs have been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Sedgistan was endorsed by The Sultanate of Svyatoy Molnii.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Zyonn, --Camila--, Crazy Firemen, Liuchong, Unavailable, The Citizens Commonwealth, Indira, Empirix, Keefenstein, Perfect Sublime Masters, Romosia, Stabilitatem, Trawa, Pelaejawey, Byzant, Shuddera, Vestr-Norig, Azrkyrtovaken, Cosignant, The holy isles, Ouranberg, Zdravstvuite, Logibict, Pactra, Bvriania, MonkeyAndy, Nuver, Pan-Euroasia, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, Avirum, Gothmogs, Elyllia, Farrakhan, Wandysland, Guy, Sima Zhao, Caneighda, and Svyatoy Molnii.