The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 21.738 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Spirituality and Law & Order not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The enormous but stagnant Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 1,188 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 54,661 pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 440,586 per year while the poor average 1,541, a ratio of 285 to 1.
For the sake of 'public interest' news programs tell viewers how to home-make Sarin gas bombs, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Sedgistan's radio stations, local councils have to call in dump trucks to clear parks of dinosaur droppings, and formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Compliance Commission".
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the Quarantined".
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming.
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Singapore"".
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate Singapore"".
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate Dank memes"".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Act".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Crazy girl.