The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 17.827 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 4,247 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 238,259 pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 737,943 per year while the poor average 59,268, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
Urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, the people are furious with the government for allowing citizens to be executed for petty crimes in foreign countries, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, and prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the Greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The Free Republic of Oxirix.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Wido Banks.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 4 days ago: Sedgistan was endorsed by The Queendom of Femindaning.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Sedgistan, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- 5 days ago: Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 5 days ago: Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
Endorsements Received: 47 » Zyonn, --Camila--, Crazy Firemen, Liuchong, Unavailable, The Citizens Commonwealth, Indira, Covenlore, Empirix, Keefenstein, Perfect Sublime Masters, Romosia, Stabilitatem, Trawa, Pelaejawey, Byzant, Iramerica, Shuddera, Vestr-Norig, Azrkyrtovaken, Cosignant, The holy isles, Ouranberg, Phalangetopia, Unibot III, Zdravstvuite, Logibict, Pactra, Bvriania, MonkeyAndy, Hemingford, Marrow Wind, Nuver, Pan-Euroasia, Sarotte, Alpha Centauri 1, Golarion, Loftegen, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, The Austria-Hungary, Avirum, Cocaine factory island, Lovesmanville, Gothmogs, Femindaning, and Oxirix.