“In Musicae Veritas”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: The YoungWorld
The Vocal Technique Protectorate of Scrivneria is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Kaiser Matthias XVII with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.642 billion Scrivnerians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — is primarily concerned with Welfare, with Education, Environment, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aeternia. The average income tax rate is 94.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Scrivnerian economy, worth 155 trillion breves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 7,179 breves, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Trespassers often find themselves impaled by crossbow bolts, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, chess hooliganism is on the rise after the banning of organised sports, and only adults may purchase violent video games. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scrivneria's national animal is the singing dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 21 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Scrivneria, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Scrivneria, chess hooliganism is on the rise after the banning of organised sports.
- 19 days ago: Scrivneria fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- 20 days ago: Scrivneria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 22 days ago: Scrivneria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 28 days ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
- 32 days ago: Scrivneria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 41 days ago: Scrivneria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 44 days ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Makaar.