The Vocal Technique Protectorate of Scrivneria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kaiser Matthias XVII with a fair hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.845 billion Scrivnerians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — is primarily concerned with Welfare, although Education, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aeternia. The average income tax rate is 94.8%.
The large but stagnant Scrivnerian economy, worth 159 trillion breves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 7,281 breves, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, chess hooliganism is on the rise after the banning of organised sports, only adults may purchase violent video games, and children listen incredulously when their grandparents explain what a "running river" is. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scrivneria's national animal is the singing dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 5 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Scrivneria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scrivneria, children listen incredulously when their grandparents explain what a "running river" is.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Scrivneria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Scrivneria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 11 days ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
- 18 days ago: Scrivneria updated the World Factbook entry in The YoungWorld.
- 22 days ago: Scrivneria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 23 days ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
- 25 days ago: Scrivneria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Makaar.