The Vocal Technique Protectorate of Scrivneria is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Kaiser Matthias XVII with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.606 billion Scrivnerians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Welfare, with Education, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aeternia. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The large but stagnant Scrivnerian economy, worth 164 trillion breves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 7,267 breves, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scrivneria's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, discarded pennies litter the streets, notable individuals are granted land and titles, and consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scrivneria's national animal is the singing dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scrivneria, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Scrivneria, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- 4 days ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the One big Island Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Scrivneria agreed to construct embassies between The YoungWorld and Galts Gulch.
- 14 days ago: Scrivneria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 17 days ago: Scrivneria updated the World Factbook entry in The YoungWorld.
- 17 days ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Scrivneria, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 21 days ago: Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Makaar.