The Vocal Technique Protectorate of Scrivneria is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Kaiser Matthias XVII with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, parental licensing program, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.155 billion Scrivnerians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aeternia. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The large but stagnant Scrivnerian economy, worth 169 trillion breves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 7,305 breves, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned singing dragonball fields, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Aeternia for fear of causing a fuss, and Kaiser Matthias XVII's mistress is the belle at many state balls. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scrivneria's national animal is the singing dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scrivneria fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- : Scrivneria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Scrivneria was endorsed by The Wandering Brewmaster of Sir Lans.
- : Following new legislation in Scrivneria, Kaiser Matthias XVII's mistress is the belle at many state balls.
- : Following new legislation in Scrivneria, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Aeternia for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Scrivneria lodged a message on the The YoungWorld Regional Message Board.
- : Scrivneria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Scrivneria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Scrivneria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Scrivneria, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.