“Lifes pretty bad, deal with it”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Republic of Screaming Saint is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Screaming Saint with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 7.21 billion Screaming Saintians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Salvation. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Screaming Saintian economy, worth a remarkable 1,565 trillion Drakims a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 217,177 Drakims, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in The Screaming Saint's bedroom, and priests are being drafted by the church load. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Screaming Saint's national animal is the Zerglings, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Screaming Saint was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Screaming Saint was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in The Screaming Saint's bedroom.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Screaming Saint voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Screaming Saint voted against the World Assembly Resolution "War Crimes Tribunal".
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 5 days ago: Screaming Saint was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Tzo, Chronopolice, Dustwind, Imbarien, Christian Indonesia, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Solleana, Earth Federation, Kelvinski, Thomason, Anollasia, Seranis, Nubpryton, The imperial state of Japan, Zybex, Gitchie Manito, Testa, Mystiquelle, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Spncrgmn, Coreras, Steidenland, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Markanite, FreeGunsForAll, LARF, Zyrcrestia, Puerto Barrio, Nojia, Kokkinostan, Wysrod, Blogotopia, Namabia, Zabbar, Denly, The Iron Crown Order, Bullintine, New gillingham, and Richecstan.