The Republic of Screaming Saint is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by The Screaming Saint with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 8.121 billion Screaming Saintians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Salvation. The average income tax rate is 1.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Screaming Saintian economy, worth a remarkable 1,507 trillion Drakims a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 185,637 Drakims, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, and it's always rabbit season. Crime is totally unknown. Screaming Saint's national animal is the Zerglings, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 4 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: Screaming Saint was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Swanigassia.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Screaming Saint was endorsed by The Allied States of Samanar.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, it's always rabbit season.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Screaming Saint fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 4 days ago: Screaming Saint fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the Salvation River.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Screaming Saint, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Tzo, Chronopolice, Dustwind, Imbarien, Christian Indonesia, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Solleana, Earth Federation, Kelvinski, Seranis, The imperial state of Japan, Gitchie Manito, Testa, Mystiquelle, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Spncrgmn, Coreras, Steidenland, FreeGunsForAll, Zyrcrestia, Puerto Barrio, Nojia, Kokkinostan, Blogotopia, Denly, The Iron Crown Order, Bullintine, Richecstan, Pacific Commonwealth, New Quantopia, Loviny, The United Dog Days Providence, Ilha Rongo Koa, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, Exustyr, Fujisan, Caesarian Rule, GaultVille, Linkdahero, Zeklandia, Germanahii, The Republic of lkxciv, West Gensokyo, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Othan, Hopetown, The Marquesas, CowSwagger, and 6 others.Congrats, New Katamenia, Samonaemia, Grecoroma, Samanar, and Swanigassia.