“Ork, ork, ork”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Monastery
The Doohanity of Scottrick is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 22.076 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 2%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, military funding has been stripped back, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is relatively low. Scottrick's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the robonian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Scottrick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon"".
- 16 hours ago: Scottrick was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scottrick, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Scottrick's influence in The Monastery fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Scottrick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Scottrick, military funding has been stripped back.
- 4 days ago: Scottrick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scottrick, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scottrick, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- 6 days ago: Scottrick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
Endorsements Received: None.