The Doohanity of Scottrick is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 25.106 billion Scottrickians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Social Policy and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. The average income tax rate is 50.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Scottrickian economy, worth a remarkable 6,990 trillion robonians a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 278,435 robonians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Abortions are routinely performed in Scottrick's hospitals, anti-government web sites are springing up, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Scottrick's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Scottrick, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Scottrick, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Scottrick, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Scottrick, abortions are routinely performed in Scottrick's hospitals.
- : Scottrick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Following new legislation in Scottrick, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Scottrick, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects.
- : Scottrick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : Following new legislation in Scottrick, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- : Scottrick fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
Endorsements Received: None.