The Lusophonic Disappointment of Sciongrad is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, rampant corporate plagiarism, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.771 billion Scionites love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villa Real. The average income tax rate is 81.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Scionite economy, worth 458 trillion Shields a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 67,709 Shields, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sciongrad's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of the Clove.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 minutes ago
- 2 hours ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Rogue Nation of Herpothamnus.
- 4 hours ago: Sciongrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Sciongrad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn the Pacific".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Sciongrad was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Sciongrad was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Hyrkatria.
- 3 days ago: Sciongrad composed a new Welcome Telegram for International Democratic Union.
- 3 days ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Commonwealth of New Cleveland.
- 3 days ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Sainterre.
- 3 days ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Commonwealth of Lumeau.
- 3 days ago: Sciongrad was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Lumeau.