The Lusophonic Disappointment of Sciongrad is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.932 billion Scionites love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villa Real. The average income tax rate is 84.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Scionite economy, worth 428 trillion Shields a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 61,761 Shields, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader's mistress is the belle at many state balls, betting pennies on games of Go Fish is considered deviant, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, and the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sciongrad's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of the Clove.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 minutes ago
- 4 hours ago: Sciongrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sciongrad, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play.
- 18 hours ago: Sciongrad was endorsed by The Free Land of Jo Asia.
- 18 hours ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Free Land of Jo Asia.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sciongrad, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- 21 hours ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Republic of Imdeepster.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sciongrad, betting pennies on games of Go Fish is considered deviant.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Sciongrad lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sciongrad, Leader's mistress is the belle at many state balls.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sciongrad, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Festive Old Folks, Toumba, Grellania, Malabra, The Dark Star Republic, Sainterre, Bears Armed Mission, Lumeau, Hyrkatria, Test Country Alpha, Inuendo, Bauxterre, Trive 38, Ulada, Kylonaria, Fuffledagia, Proion, Growing Leaderland, and Jo Asia.