“In Scion, we trust.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: International Democratic Union
The Lusophonic Disappointment of Sciongrad is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.658 billion Scionites love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villa Real. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, the Elk is a protected species, and recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed. Crime is totally unknown. Sciongrad's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Cult of the Clove, and its currency is the Shield.
Most Recent Government Activity: 92 minutes ago
- 13 hours ago: Sciongrad was endorsed by The People's Republic of Toumba.
- 14 hours ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission.
- 14 hours ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Cousin Loving Space Aliens of The Dark Star Republic.
- 14 hours ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Commonwealth of Lumeau.
- 14 hours ago: Sciongrad was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 14 hours ago: Sciongrad applied to join the World Assembly.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Sciongrad lost the position of International Democratic Union WA Delegate to The Commonwealth of Lumeau.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Sciongrad resigned from the World Assembly.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Sciongrad seized the position of International Democratic Union WA Delegate from The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission.
- 4 days ago: Sciongrad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Toumba.