The Lusophonic Disappointment of Sciongrad is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.538 billion Scionites love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villa Real. The average income tax rate is 88.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Scionite economy, worth 455 trillion Shields a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 60,441 Shields, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems, and the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sciongrad's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of the Clove.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sciongrad was endorsed by The Federation of Paiterra.
- : Sciongrad endorsed The Federation of Paiterra.
- : Sciongrad was ranked #1 in the region for Most Inclusive (last census: Top 5%).
- : Sciongrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Sciongrad lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- : Sciongrad was endorsed by The Republic of Nova Sodor.
- : Sciongrad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Sciongrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Sciongrad endorsed The Republic of Nova Sodor.
- : Sciongrad endorsed The Kingdom of Lavao.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Festive Old Folks, Grellania, Malabra, Sainterre, Bears Armed Mission, Lumeau, Growing Leaderland, Getzantium, Gnejs, Atelosia, Republic Federation, Trive 39, Rutterumberland, Zemanlandia, Jpgmistan, Nova Sodor, and Paiterra.