“In Scion, we trust.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: International Democratic Union
The United Monarchical Republic of Sciongrad is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.798 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villa Real. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Elkdogs' dominate wildlife preserves, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime is totally unknown. Sciongrad's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is freedom of conscience, and its currency is the Shield.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 17 hours ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Sciongrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate NAZI EUROPE"".
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Sciongrad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 4 days ago: Sciongrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Dignified End of Life Choices"".
- 4 days ago: Sciongrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "The Early Learning Act"".
- 14 days ago: Sciongrad endorsed The Commonwealth of Lumeau.
- 14 days ago: Sciongrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 15 days ago: Sciongrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Macedon"".
- 15 days ago: Sciongrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 16 days ago: Sciongrad's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 18 days ago: Sciongrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".