The Variable Attention Span of Schotze is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 19.511 billion Schotzeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 44.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Schotzean economy, worth 743 trillion Rockies a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Pizza Delivery, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 38,131 Rockies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas, the latest drugs are only legally available to private patients, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Schotze's national animal is the Buffalo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 31 days ago: Schotze fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 50 days ago: Schotze fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- 72 days ago: Schotze lodged a message on the Q102 Regional Message Board.
- 72 days ago: Schotze relocated from Balder to Q102.
- 72 days ago: Schotze was refounded in Balder.
- 153 days ago: Schotze ceased to exist.
- 159 days ago: Schotze's influence in Q102 fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 177 days ago: Schotze's influence in Q102 rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 185 days ago: Schotze's influence in Q102 rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 260 days ago: Schotze was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).