The Federal Republic of Scanorama is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Matilda Hortensia with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, ritual sacrifices, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 14.718 billion maggots live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diamond Princess. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient maggot economy, worth a remarkable 4,844 trillion Velocity Points a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 329,149 Velocity Points, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,855,627 per year while the poor average 28,748, a ratio of 64.5 to 1.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, artists are pillars of society, and inter-species marriages are ignored by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Scanorama's national animal is the Newt, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Glinda.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, artists are pillars of society.
- : Scanorama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preservation of Artefacts"".
- : Scanorama voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- : Scanorama lodged a message on the Nordic Lands Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Copenhagen Metropolis, Ziltoidia Greys, Larsovania, Vulkanas, Aboveland, Trez-Nem, Caspersland, The Former Municipality of Ringerike, Norrariken, Asterdel, Aarhustan, Chiselstrait, Rolven, Oilean Nua, and United Nordic Territories.