The Federal Republic of Scanorama is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Matilda Hortensia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ritual sacrifices, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 13.439 billion maggots live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diamond Princess. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient maggot economy, worth a remarkable 4,212 trillion Velocity Points a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 313,417 Velocity Points, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 931,893 per year while the poor average 82,642, a ratio of 11.3 to 1.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, the Hanging Gardens account for half of Diamond Princess's water use, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Scanorama's national animal is the Mockingjay, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Geros.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, the Hanging Gardens account for half of Diamond Princess's water use.
- : Scanorama voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Scanorama fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Scanorama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- : Scanorama was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Copenhagen Metropolis, Ziltoidia Greys, Larsovania, Vulkanas, Aboveland, Trez-Nem, Svelsta, Caspersland, Hazelya, Reexiola, The Former Municipality of Ringerike, Norrariken, Norsvea, Nuraii, Asterdel, New Matawan, Isfen, Martendal, Mahlgradstaat, Aarhustan, and Curistir.