“Every day a new idea takes off”
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
Location: Nordic Lands
The Federal Republic of Scanorama is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Johanna Cardamone with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.233 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diamond Princess. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
Euthanasia is legal, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and skateparks can be found in every city. Crime is totally unknown. Scanorama's national animal is the Mockingjay, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Airbus A340-600, and its currency is the Velocity Point.
Most Recent Government Activity: 88 minutes ago
- 2 hours ago: Scanorama endorsed The Matriarchy of Misfit Island.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scanorama, skateparks can be found in every city.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scanorama, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Scanorama voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Scanorama was endorsed by The Federation of Svelsta.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Scanorama was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Scanorama, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 5 days ago: Scanorama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scanorama, euthanasia is legal.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scanorama, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Copenhagen Metropolis, Ziltoidia Greys, Norrariken, Newer Austria, Larsovania, Opirus, Lund-Jonkopings, Isles of Scandinavia, Chiselstrait, Vulkanas, Bergby, Unofa, Free Tristania, Burnnotice, Dimaland, Majland, Kefflavik, Vendettium, DHAP, Angermanlandius, Port Iver, Benaswaila, Aboveland, Trez-Nem, Norsaksenia, Vingulmork, Laksland, and Svelsta.