The Federal Republic of Scanorama is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Matilda Hortensia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, national health service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 15.378 billion maggots live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diamond Princess. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient maggot economy, worth a remarkable 5,113 trillion Paragons a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 332,550 Paragons, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
Businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, all tariffs have been abolished, snap elections are called over every minor impasse, and drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Scanorama's national animal is the Newt, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Glinda.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Scanorama was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, all tariffs have been abolished.
- : Scanorama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Environmental Warfare Act".
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- : Scanorama was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Anarchy".
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, a survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen.
- : Scanorama voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks"".
Endorsements Received: 15 » Copenhagen Metropolis, Ziltoidia Greys, Larsovania, Vulkanas, Aboveland, Trez-Nem, Caspersland, The Former Municipality of Ringerike, Norrariken, Asterdel, Aarhustan, Chiselstrait, Rolven, United Nordic Territories, and Sorlovia.