“We Dominate Because We Care”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Globex Central Corporation of Scanlon Industries is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Hank Scorpio with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.196 billion Scanlon Industriesians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kahlenberg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 93%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, the government is avowedly atheist, pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, and manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scanlon Industries's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Undefined, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 15 hours ago: Scanlon Industries was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Scanlon Industries was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 5 days ago: Scanlon Industries was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 5 days ago: Scanlon Industries relocated from Schuylkill Valley to The Rejected Realms.
- 5 days ago: Scanlon Industries was ejected from Schuylkill Valley by The Republic of Vupaguun.
- 14 days ago: Scanlon Industries's influence in Schuylkill Valley rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 17 days ago: Scanlon Industries fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 20 days ago: Scanlon Industries fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 41 days ago: Scanlon Industries's influence in Schuylkill Valley rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 43 days ago: Scanlon Industries was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).