The Constitutional Monarchy of Scandaland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Barney Fife with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 24.742 billion Scandalandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Scandal. The average income tax rate is 70.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Scandalandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,719 trillion bigbucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 69,513 bigbucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, army rations are served on silver platters, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scandaland's national animal is the golden seahorse, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is religious freedom.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 14 hours ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Scandaland lodged a message on the Free States of Gaia Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, army rations are served on silver platters.
- 5 days ago: Scandaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
Endorsements Received: 1 » 11 Templar Knights.