“I know you are but what am I?”Prime Minister Barney Fife
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: Free States of Gaia
The Constitutional Monarchy of Scandaland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Barney Fife with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, surprisingly youthful workforce, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 24.279 billion Scandalandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Scandal. The average income tax rate is 6.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Scandalandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,600 trillion bigbucks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 65,938 bigbucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and Scandaland is building an army to protect its overseas territories. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Scandaland's national animal is the golden seahorse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is religious freedom.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, Scandaland is building an army to protect its overseas territories.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Scandaland lodged a message on the Free States of Gaia Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Scandaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 1%).
- 4 days ago: Scandaland fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail.
- 5 days ago: Scandaland fell out of the world Top 1% for Largest Public Sector.
- 5 days ago: Scandaland fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Public Sector.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun.
Endorsements Received: 1 » 11 Templar Knights.