The Constitutional Monarchy of Scandaland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Barney Fife with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 24.621 billion Scandalandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Scandal. The average income tax rate is 65.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Scandalandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,649 trillion bigbucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 66,990 bigbucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the golden seahorse is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scandaland's national animal is the golden seahorse, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is religious freedom.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 11 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the golden seahorse is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions.
- 5 days ago: Scandaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 6 days ago: Scandaland lodged a message on the Free States of Gaia Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Fort Scandal Times is sold out.
- 9 days ago: Scandaland fell out of the world Top 1% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
Endorsements Received: 1 » 11 Templar Knights.