“A coalition of the calm”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
Location: Free States of Gaia
The Rueful Countenance of Scandaland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Barney Fife with a fair hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 23.657 billion Scandalandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Scandal. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, Scandaland's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scandaland's national animal is the golden seahorse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is religious freedom, and its currency is the bigbuck.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Scandaland's influence in Free States of Gaia fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Scandaland changed its national nation type to "Rueful Countenance".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Scandaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 4 days ago: Scandaland's influence in Free States of Gaia rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, Scandaland's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 5 days ago: Scandaland lodged a message on the Free States of Gaia Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
Endorsements Received: 1 » 11 Templar Knights.