The Constitutional Monarchy of Scandaland is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Barney Fife with a fair hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 24.488 billion Scandalandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Scandal. The average income tax rate is 63.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Scandalandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,607 trillion bigbucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 65,654 bigbucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and workers have seized control of the economy. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scandaland's national animal is the golden seahorse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is religious freedom.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Scandaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, workers have seized control of the economy.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Scandaland lodged a message on the Free States of Gaia Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Scandaland fell out of the regional Top 5% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Scandaland fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Scandaland fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Scandaland, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
Endorsements Received: 1 » 11 Templar Knights.