The Confederacy of Saundie is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dr Cakeston with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, ritual sacrifices, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 16.33 billion Saundieans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cakeston. The average income tax rate is 12.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Saundiean economy, worth a remarkable 2,397 trillion cheesecakes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 146,816 cheesecakes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, citizens are abandoning their homes en masse in a widespread panic over asbestos, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Saundiean lands, and the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace. Crime is totally unknown. Saundie's national animal is the cheesecake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saundie's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Saundie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Saundiean lands.
- : Saundie voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Social Liberal Union".
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, citizens are abandoning their homes en masse in a widespread panic over asbestos.
- : Saundie was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, airport security is provided by private companies.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Beezertopia, Liuchong, Farrakhan, Romosia, Pactra, Sarotte, Zdravstvuite, Empirix, Indira, Cocaine factory island, Libetarian Republics, Perfect Sublime Masters, Bowiemoria, McStanistan, Capitalist Paradise, Salikawood, The Citizens Commonwealth, PELN, Doormat to the Lord, Rabidragonia, Lopea, Pastafarianism Is Love, The tiny dot, UKIMAR RBON, Herewestand, Panormia, Courania, Flughaufen, The Horror Channel, Novalium, UnagiPowa, Caneighda, Anvola, Nultsia, The Ghost Federation, Murmel, Cosignant, and Freedom States Republic.