“In cake we trust”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Confederacy of Saundie is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Dr Cakeston with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.442 billion Saundieans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cakeston. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million cheesecakes of property damage, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, notable individuals are granted land and titles, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Saundie. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saundie's national animal is the cheesecake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the cheesecake.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Saundie fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Saundie was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 4 days ago: Saundie voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 6 days ago: Saundie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Saundie, Max Barry is this year's Miss Saundie.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Saundie, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Saundie, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- 19 days ago: Saundie was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 21 days ago: Saundie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 21 days ago: Saundie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.