The Confederacy of Saundie is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Dr Cakeston with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, hatred of cheese, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 15.474 billion Saundieans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cakeston. The average income tax rate is 4.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Saundiean economy, worth a remarkable 2,058 trillion cheesecakes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 133,055 cheesecakes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals, and the SBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays. Crime is totally unknown. Saundie's national animal is the cheesecake, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, the SBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Saundie endorsed The Federal Republic of Novalium.
- : Saundie was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Novalium.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Saundie was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Saundie was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Saundie endorsed The Republic of The Blink 182.
- : Saundie was endorsed by The Republic of The Blink 182.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Beezertopia, Liuchong, Zyonn, Farrakhan, Romosia, Sastrugia, Pactra, Sarotte, Zdravstvuite, Empirix, Indira, Cocaine factory island, Mongo-Highlander, Chilum, Libetarian Republics, Eight Hippopotamuses, Peterkastan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Bowiemoria, Danstin, Grand Hessia, McStanistan, Congratuverylation, Rabbitsburgh, Capitalist Paradise, Salikawood, The Citizens Commonwealth, PELN, Doormat to the Lord, Rabidragonia, Lopea, The Sol Ecumene, ReichStal, Pastafarianism Is Love, The tiny dot, Konblia, UKIMAR RBON, Adam Monroe, Herewestand, Panormia, Courania, Gaizenland, Dar es Saalam, Flughaufen, The Horror Channel, and Novalium.