The Confederacy of Saundie is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Dr Cakeston with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 14.364 billion Saundieans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cakeston. The average income tax rate is 53.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Saundiean economy, worth a remarkable 1,874 trillion cheesecakes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 130,469 cheesecakes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and religious education is a new government priority. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saundie's national animal is the cheesecake, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, religious education is a new government priority.
- : Saundie was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Uchu.
- : Saundie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Saundie endorsed The Peores of --Camila--.
- : Saundie endorsed The Rejected Lands of Cocaine factory island.
- : Saundie endorsed The Free Land of Mongo-Highlander.
- : Saundie was endorsed by The Free Land of Mongo-Highlander.
- : Saundie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- : Saundie was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Beezertopia, Liuchong, Zyonn, Farrakhan, Romosia, Guy, Sastrugia, Stabilitatem, The tiny dot, Pactra, Sarotte, Zdravstvuite, Empirix, American Canada, Indira, Ghojingles, Cosignant, --Camila--, Cocaine factory island, Mongo-Highlander, and Uchu.