The Confederacy of Saundie is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dr Cakeston with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 16.634 billion Saundieans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cakeston. The average income tax rate is 17.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Saundiean economy, worth a remarkable 2,526 trillion cheesecakes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 151,871 cheesecakes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, torture is illegal, the government is denying reports that criminals injected with experimental drugs have turned into monstrous supervillains, and no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed. Crime is totally unknown. Saundie's national animal is the cheesecake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saundie was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Berlitria.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, the government is denying reports that criminals injected with experimental drugs have turned into monstrous supervillains.
- : Saundie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Saundie endorsed The Free Land of Confederated Autonomies.
- : Saundie endorsed The Federal Republic of Berlitria.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Beezertopia, Liuchong, Farrakhan, Romosia, Pactra, Sarotte, Zdravstvuite, Empirix, Indira, Cocaine factory island, Libetarian Republics, Perfect Sublime Masters, McStanistan, Capitalist Paradise, Salikawood, The Citizens Commonwealth, PELN, Doormat to the Lord, Rabidragonia, Lopea, Pastafarianism Is Love, The tiny dot, UKIMAR RBON, Herewestand, Panormia, Courania, Flughaufen, The Horror Channel, Novalium, Caneighda, Anvola, Nultsia, The Ghost Federation, Cosignant, Bout, Cleo and Topaz, Durg Quiagordia, and Berlitria.