“Liberties and Rights Maintained”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Queen's State of Sauk Hawkeye is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.832 billion Sauk Hawkeyeans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14%. A large private sector is led by the Cheese Exports industry, followed by Retail and Soda Sales.
Voting is voluntary. Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Sauk Hawkeye's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Sauk Hawkeye altered the regional flag of Iowa.
- 12 days ago: Sauk Hawkeye fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 37 days ago: Sauk Hawkeye agreed to construct embassies between Iowa and Dragon Knights.
- 49 days ago: Sauk Hawkeye removed regional password protection from Iowa.
- 49 days ago: The Queendom of Saramacca was struck by a Cure Missile from Sauk Hawkeye, curing 4 million infected.
- 49 days ago: The Queen's State of Holly Strachan was struck by a Cure Missile from Sauk Hawkeye, curing 56 million infected.
- 49 days ago: The Queen's State of Zymurgy Jennifer was struck by a Cure Missile from Sauk Hawkeye, curing 79 million infected.
- 49 days ago: The Commonwealth of Otumwa was struck by a Cure Missile from Sauk Hawkeye, curing 160 million infected.
- 50 days ago: Sauk Hawkeye lodged a message on the Iowa Regional Message Board.
- 50 days ago: Sauk Hawkeye password-protected Iowa.