“Freedom is never truly free unless you work for it.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Incorporated States of Sarzonia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Nicole Lewis with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its intelligent population of 19.738 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Woodstock. The average income tax rate is 4%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Soda Sales and Tourism.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, military spending is on the increase, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sarzonia's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is no religion, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 20 hours ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Sarzonia's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 11 days ago: Sarzonia's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 12 days ago: Sarzonia's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 15 days ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarzonia, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- 20 days ago: Sarzonia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 20 days ago: Sarzonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 35 days ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 41 days ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 10%).