The Incorporated States of Sarzonia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Nicole Lewis with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The democratic, cheerful population of 22.129 billion Sarzonians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Social Policy, with Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Healthcare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Woodstock. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Sarzonian economy, worth a remarkable 4,490 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 202,934 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, military spending is on the increase, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy. Crime is totally unknown. Sarzonia's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is no religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 51 days ago
- 12 days ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 17 days ago: Sarzonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 19 days ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Sarzonia's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 25 days ago: Sarzonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 25 days ago: Sarzonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 45 days ago: Sarzonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 52 days ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 52 days ago: Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.