The Incorporated States of Sarzonia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Nicole Lewis with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The cheerful population of 24.962 billion Sarzonians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Social Policy, with Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Healthcare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Woodstock. The average income tax rate is 1.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Sarzonian economy, worth a remarkable 5,086 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 203,784 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, military spending is on the increase, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy. Crime is totally unknown. Sarzonia's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is no religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations, the Top 5% for Largest Retail Industry, and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes, Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry, and Most Developed.
- : Sarzonia's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Sarzonia's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Sarzonia relocated from Balder to Atlantian Oceania.
- : Sarzonia altered its national flag.
- : Sarzonia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sarzonia was refounded in Balder.
- : Sarzonia ceased to exist.
- : Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Sarzonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.