“Good through knowledge”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Queendom of Sarotte is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by RB Toretto with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 20.015 billion Sarotteans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vetter. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All forms of advertising are banned, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, and bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sarotte's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is the Cult of Personality, and its currency is the vin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 6 hours ago
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, all forms of advertising are banned.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, voting is compulsory.
- 7 days ago: Sarotte endorsed The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 7 days ago: Sarotte was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: Sarotte was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Beezertopia, Serious Problems, General Mike, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Lakers Nation, Lamborghini Murcielago, Yarren, Erudite Individuals, Sargonastan, Krudistan Nation, The Salvation States, Dhan, Loftegen, Aigania, Kitty Terrorists, Fortytipper, Sindria, Aegis-5, Trackeendy, Hyperbolic Orbit, Earth and Freedom, Davewerld, Ecchi Unlimited, Courlany, Rubyna, Stujenske, Saundie, Dazamanillia, Mouldy Bread, Mialandia, Arcane serendipity, Dermt, Cronintopia, Crownlands, Zexen, Ricardome, Mundane Drudgery, and Drakomagic.