“Good through knowledge”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Queendom of Sarotte is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by RB Toretto with a fair hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.983 billion Sarotteans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vetter. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, the government is frequently held to ransom by the increasing demands of bloodthirsty pirates, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sarotte's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is the Cult of Personality, and its currency is the vin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Sarotte endorsed The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Sarotte was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Sarotte was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 4 days ago: Sarotte voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, the government is frequently held to ransom by the increasing demands of bloodthirsty pirates.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Sarotte, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Beezertopia, Serious Problems, General Mike, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Lakers Nation, Lamborghini Murcielago, Yarren, Erudite Individuals, Sargonastan, Krudistan Nation, The Salvation States, The Floodcity, Dhan, Loftegen, Aigania, Kitty Terrorists, Fortytipper, Sindria, Aegis-5, Trackeendy, Hyperbolic Orbit, Earth and Freedom, Davewerld, Ecchi Unlimited, Courlany, Rubyna, Stujenske, Saundie, Dazamanillia, Mouldy Bread, Mialandia, Arcane serendipity, Dermt, Cronintopia, Crownlands, Zexen, Ricardome, Mundane Drudgery, Drakomagic, and Ezelis.