“I am the Walrus coo-coo-ca-choo”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Lonely Hearts Club Band of Sargent Pepper is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 8.536 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of PepperLand. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Students cut up leftover All you need is Loves during Arts and Crafts, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, graffiti graces every city's streets, and mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sargent Pepper's national animal is the Pepper Land Walrus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Brotherhood of Man, and its currency is the All you need is Love.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Sargent Pepper's influence in Pepperland rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 46 days ago: Sargent Pepper lodged a message on the Pepperland Regional Message Board.
- 47 days ago: Sargent Pepper was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 47 days ago: Following new legislation in Sargent Pepper, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- 49 days ago: Sargent Pepper agreed to construct embassies between Pepperland and Heaven on Earth.
- 56 days ago: Sargent Pepper lodged a message on the Pepperland Regional Message Board.
- 57 days ago: Sargent Pepper's influence in Pepperland fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 57 days ago: Sargent Pepper lodged a message on the Pepperland Regional Message Board.
- 58 days ago: Sargent Pepper added the tag "Pacifist" to Pepperland.
- 58 days ago: Sargent Pepper barred WA Delegate access to Regional Control in Pepperland.