The Lonely Hearts Club Band of Sargent Pepper is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 12.149 billion Sargent Pepperians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of PepperLand. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Sargent Pepperian economy, worth 257 trillion All you need is Loves a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 21,196 All you need is Loves, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students cut up leftover All you need is Loves during Arts and Crafts, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, graffiti graces every city's streets, and mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sargent Pepper's national animal is the Pepper Land Walrus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is The Brotherhood of Man.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sargent Pepper fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Sargent Pepper fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Sargent Pepper lodged a message on the Pepperland Regional Message Board.
- : Sargent Pepper's influence in Pepperland fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Sargent Pepper fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- : Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Sargent Pepper fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.