“I am the Walrus coo-coo-ca-choo”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Lonely Hearts Club Band of Sargent Pepper is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 10.159 billion Sargent Pepperians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of PepperLand. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Students cut up leftover All you need is Loves during Arts and Crafts, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, graffiti graces every city's streets, and mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sargent Pepper's national animal is the Pepper Land Walrus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is The Brotherhood of Man, and its currency is the All you need is Love.
Most Recent Government Activity: 33 days ago
- 24 days ago: Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 96 days ago: Sargent Pepper fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 147 days ago: Sargent Pepper proposed constructing embassies between Pepperland and Hippy Haven.
- 154 days ago: Sargent Pepper lost ฿ 1.000 ByteCoin from the exchange in The John Lennon Utopia of Strawberrry Fields due to hackers.
- 184 days ago: Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 278 days ago: Sargent Pepper's influence in Pepperland rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 315 days ago: Sargent Pepper lodged a message on the Pepperland Regional Message Board.
- 316 days ago: Sargent Pepper was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 316 days ago: Following new legislation in Sargent Pepper, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- 318 days ago: Sargent Pepper agreed to construct embassies between Pepperland and Heaven on Earth.