The Lonely Hearts Club Band of Sargent Pepper is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.562 billion Sargent Pepperians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of PepperLand. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Sargent Pepperian economy, worth 245 trillion All you need is Loves a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 21,196 All you need is Loves, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students cut up leftover All you need is Loves during Arts and Crafts, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, graffiti graces every city's streets, and mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sargent Pepper's national animal is the Pepper Land Walrus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is The Brotherhood of Man.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 16 hours ago
- 13 days ago: Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 26 days ago: Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 120 days ago: Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 165 days ago: Sargent Pepper fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 262 days ago: Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 334 days ago: Sargent Pepper fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 1 year 19 days ago: Sargent Pepper proposed constructing embassies between Pepperland and Hippy Haven.
- 1 year 26 days ago: Sargent Pepper lost ฿ 1.000 ByteCoin from the exchange in The John Lennon Utopia of Strawberrry Fields due to hackers.
- 1 year 57 days ago: Sargent Pepper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 1 year 151 days ago: Sargent Pepper's influence in Pepperland rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".