“Invenite Aestimationem Eruditionis”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: United League
The Republic of Sapien is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by The Sapienti Executive Council with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.542 billion Sapientis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Doctus Civilus. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The study of medicine is popular throughout Sapien, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote, and a government program is underway to revitalize Sapien's beaches. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sapien's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Agnosticism, and its currency is the Litera.
Sapien is ranked 1st in United League and 1,517th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 1,516.25 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 10 hours ago: Sapien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 22 hours ago: Sapien's influence in United League rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Sapien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Sapien, a government program is underway to revitalize Sapien's beaches.
- 7 days ago: Sapien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Sapien was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Sapien, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote.
- 8 days ago: Sapien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 8 days ago: Sapien voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Sapien, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories.
Endorsements Received: None.