“Invenite Aestimationem Eruditionis”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: United League
The Republic of Sapien is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Sapienti Executive Council with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.742 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Doctus Civilus. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, torture is illegal, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sapien's national animal is the Raven, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Agnosticism, and its currency is the Litera.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 18 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Sapien was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 7 days ago: Sapien voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 7 days ago: Sapien lodged a message on the United League Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Sapien's influence in United League rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 8 days ago: Sapien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Sapien, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 11 days ago: Sapien voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 11 days ago: Sapien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 13 days ago: Sapien was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Sapien, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Nuverikstan.