The Republic of Sapien is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Sapienti Executive Council with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, humorless population of 6.351 billion Sapientis enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Doctus Civilus. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The large but inefficient Sapienian economy, worth 466 trillion Literas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 73,406 Literas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's leading climatologists are investigating animal flatulence in efforts to reduce methane emissions, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers, toilet paper is considered a non-essential item in the embargo against Brasilistan, and politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sapien's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sapien's influence in The United Council of Nations rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Sapien was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Sapien, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot.
- : Following new legislation in Sapien, toilet paper is considered a non-essential item in the embargo against Brasilistan.
- : Sapien lodged a message on the The United Council of Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Sapien voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Rule of Law".
- : Sapien's influence in The United Council of Nations rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Sapien, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
- : Sapien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Arab League".
- : Sapien's influence in The United Council of Nations rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
Endorsements Received: None.