The Principality of Saone-Et-Loire is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 6.861 billion Saone-Et-Loireans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 60.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Saone-Et-Loirean economy, worth 257 trillion Occitan Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 37,496 Occitan Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, the Saone-Et-Loire Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament, businesses have become paranoid as waves of lawsuits sweep the nation, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saone-Et-Loire's national animal is the Black Stork, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 21 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire relocated from Osiris to France.
- 21 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire altered its national flag.
- 21 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire was refounded in Osiris.
- 28 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire ceased to exist.
- 56 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire was refounded in Osiris.
- 69 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire ceased to exist.
- 144 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 144 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire altered its national flag.
- 144 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire relocated from Balder to Occitania.
- 144 days ago: Saone-Et-Loire was refounded in Balder.