The Principality of Saone-Et-Loire is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 9.803 billion Saone-Et-Loireans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 60.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Saone-Et-Loirean economy, worth 368 trillion Occitan Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 37,619 Occitan Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, the Saone-Et-Loire Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament, businesses have become paranoid as waves of lawsuits sweep the nation, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saone-Et-Loire's national animal is the Black Stork, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saone-Et-Loire's influence in Occitania rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Saone-Et-Loire's influence in Occitania rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Saone-Et-Loire's influence in Occitania rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Saone-Et-Loire relocated from Lazarus to Occitania.
- : Saone-Et-Loire was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Saone-Et-Loire ceased to exist in Occitania.
- : Saone-Et-Loire altered its national flag.
- : Saone-Et-Loire's influence in Occitania rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Saone-Et-Loire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Saone-Et-Loire's influence in Occitania fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".