The Most Serene Noble Republic of Santheres is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by its nobles with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 22.841 billion Santherese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Gianpiero. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Santherese economy, worth a remarkable 5,071 trillion lire a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 222,053 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, the internet has been placed under government control, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Santheres's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Marcevangelism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Santheres, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Santheres fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Santheres, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Santheres was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Santheres, the internet has been placed under government control.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Santheres fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.