“Patria Fideles Defendit”
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Most Serene Noble Republic of Santheres is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by its nobles with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 20.198 billion Santherese live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Gianpiero. The average income tax rate is 19%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Soda Sales and Gambling.
Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink, graffiti graces every city's streets, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Santheres's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Marcevangelism, and its currency is the lira.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Santheres was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 4 days ago: Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Santheres changed its national demonym to "Santherese", its demonym adjective to "Santherese", its faith to "Marcevangelism", and its leader to "its nobles".
- 7 days ago: Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Santheres, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Santheres, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 21 days ago: Santheres fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Santheres, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 24 days ago: Santheres was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.