“Just a little southeast of home”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Sangchris is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 18.281 billion Sangchrisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. The average income tax rate is 11%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing industries.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is moderate. Sangchris's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 14 days ago: Sangchris altered its national flag.
- 17 days ago: Sangchris changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 71 days ago: Sangchris changed its national nation type to "State".
- 90 days ago: Sangchris lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 102 days ago: Sangchris resigned from the World Assembly.
- 105 days ago: Sangchris was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.
- 108 days ago: Sangchris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 108 days ago: Sangchris voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 110 days ago: Sangchris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 110 days ago: Sangchris voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Planetary Annihilation".