The Kingdom of San Sicario is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Frankofurto Geroldsteiner with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 17.376 billion San Sicarioans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kudamatsu. The average income tax rate is 26.7%.
The frighteningly efficient San Sicarioan economy, worth a remarkable 3,553 trillion Lira Reales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 204,527 Lira Reales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, and minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. San Sicario's national animal is the gatto silvano, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: San Sicario was endorsed by The People's Republic of Thoringrad.
- 14 days ago: San Sicario lost the endorsement of The Soviet Socialist Union of Velikaya Rossiya.
- 26 days ago: San Sicario fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 29 days ago: San Sicario fell out of the world Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 30 days ago: San Sicario was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 48 days ago: San Sicario was endorsed by The Soviet Socialist Union of Velikaya Rossiya.
- 50 days ago: San Sicario fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 51 days ago: San Sicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 56 days ago: San Sicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 56 days ago: Following new legislation in San Sicario, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.