The Kingdom of San Sicario is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Frankofurto Geroldsteiner with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 17.95 billion San Sicarioans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kudamatsu. The average income tax rate is 27.9%.
The frighteningly efficient San Sicarioan economy, worth a remarkable 3,687 trillion Lira Reales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 205,449 Lira Reales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. San Sicario's national animal is the gatto silvano, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : San Sicario fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : San Sicario endorsed The Most Serene Kingdom of Gran Tomania.
- : San Sicario was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : San Sicario was endorsed by The Most Serene Kingdom of Gran Tomania.
- : San Sicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in San Sicario, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- : San Sicario was endorsed by The Federation of Erclusia.
- : San Sicario was endorsed by The Republic of Samniumland.
- : San Sicario was endorsed by The Archduchy of Mulsia.
- : San Sicario fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.