“Attraverso le asperitÓ alle stelle”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Republic of San Leggera is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Henry Fortino with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.991 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Chicago. The average income tax rate is 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Gambling, and Book Publishing industries.
The government has enacted freedom of information, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Leggera's national animal is the Cavallo Bianco, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the Tradimento.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 13 hours ago: San Leggera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: San Leggera's influence in Noctur fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- 3 days 14 hours ago: San Leggera's influence in Noctur rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 4 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: San Leggera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 11 days ago: San Leggera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 12 days ago: San Leggera lodged a message on the Noctur Regional Message Board.
- 25 days ago: San Leggera resigned from the World Assembly.
- 29 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 30 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.