“Attraverso le asperitÓ alle stelle”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Republic of San Leggera is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Henry Fortino with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.803 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Chicago. The average income tax rate is 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling industries.
Abortions are routinely performed in San Leggera's hospitals, the government has enacted freedom of information, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Leggera's national animal is the Cavallo Bianco, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the Tradimento.
Most Recent Government Activity: 33 minutes ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: San Leggera lodged a message on the Noctur Regional Message Board.
- 3 days ago: San Leggera voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 7 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 8 days ago: San Leggera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 10 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: San Leggera lodged a message on the Noctur Regional Message Board.
- 29 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 34 days ago: San Leggera lodged a message on the Noctur Regional Message Board.
- 37 days ago: San Leggera was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 40 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.