“Attraverso le asperitÓ alle stelle”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Power
The Republic of San Leggera is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Henry Fortino with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.517 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Chicago. The average income tax rate is 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Gambling, and Book Publishing industries.
The government has enacted freedom of information, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Leggera's national animal is the Cavallo Bianco, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the Tradimento.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 6 days ago: San Leggera's influence in Noctur rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Power".
- 8 days ago: San Leggera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 14 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: San Leggera fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 19 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 21 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 28 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 33 days ago: San Leggera fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 33 days ago: San Leggera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 41 days ago: San Leggera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.