The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 8.7 billion San Janosoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 73.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Janosoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,212 trillion San Janoso Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,362 San Janoso Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, and the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : San Janoso was endorsed by The Bailiwick of Juernsey.
- : San Janoso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "National Economic Liberties".
- : San Janoso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in San Janoso, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in San Janoso, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter.
- : San Janoso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in San Janoso, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Fantrum, Jessjohnesik, Isla del Stan, Maplestan, A saor tuath, Jerazol, Sollis, Keronika, Whale Island, Republic of Steelport, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, Costa Gelo, Aerstorn, and Juernsey.