The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.857 billion San Janosoans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Janosoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,614 trillion San Janoso Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 148,681 San Janoso Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, every week is blindness awareness week, political candidates recite daily pledges of loyalty to their chosen party, and the government is constantly producing new maps to accommodate the continual renaming of cities. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : San Janoso endorsed The Military District of Trinatallia.
- : San Janoso endorsed The Norden Nation of Danz Herlmon.
- : San Janoso was endorsed by The Military District of Trinatallia.
- : San Janoso was endorsed by The Endless Khaganate of Basementees.
- : San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gregoryisgodistan".
- : San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Against Suicide Seeds".
- : San Janoso endorsed The Endless Khaganate of Basementees.
- : San Janoso's influence in Pax Britannia rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Following new legislation in San Janoso, the government is constantly producing new maps to accommodate the continual renaming of cities.
- : San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Environmental Warfare Act".