The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 8.529 billion San Janosoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 73.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Janosoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,189 trillion San Janoso Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,463 San Janoso Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means, and the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in San Janoso, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : San Janoso fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : San Janoso was endorsed by The Welfare State of Aerstorn.
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in San Janoso, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means.
- : San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibiting Animal Abuse".
- : San Janoso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 13 » Fantrum, Jessjohnesik, Isla del Stan, Maplestan, A saor tuath, Jerazol, Sollis, Keronika, Whale Island, Republic of Steelport, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, Costa Gelo, and Aerstorn.