The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 7.785 billion San Janosoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 73.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Janosoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,061 trillion San Janoso Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 136,393 San Janoso Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Skateparks can be found in every city, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, Max Barry is this year's Miss San Janoso, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 8 hours ago
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, Max Barry is this year's Miss San Janoso.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: San Janoso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 6 days ago: San Janoso fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 8 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, skateparks can be found in every city.
- 12 days ago: San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forever Fields".
- 12 days ago: San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cooperation in Science Act"".
Endorsements Received: 15 » Fantrum, Jessjohnesik, Isla del Stan, Maplestan, A saor tuath, Jerazol, Arnett Hieghts, Sollis, Keronika, Isle Carlisle, Whale Island, Republic of Steelport, Zyberkalicystan, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, and Costa Gelo.