“Wobbly Wubbly Wob”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: British Isles
The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.459 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 78%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the San Janoso Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 10 hours ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: San Janoso was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of KARACKIBALISTAN Omega.
- 5 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 8 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 9 days ago: San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 9 days ago: San Janoso was endorsed by The Armed Republic of United Nationalist Republic.
- 10 days ago: San Janoso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.