The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The democratic population of 8.396 billion San Janosoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 73.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Janosoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,166 trillion San Janoso Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,900 San Janoso Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 1 day ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 1 hour ago: San Janoso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 6 days ago: San Janoso fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 12 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States".
- 12 days ago: San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- 14 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 14 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 22 days ago: San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Testing Protocol".
- 26 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 13 » Fantrum, Jessjohnesik, Isla del Stan, Maplestan, A saor tuath, Jerazol, Sollis, Keronika, Isle Carlisle, Whale Island, Republic of Steelport, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, and Costa Gelo.