The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The democratic population of 9.233 billion San Janosoans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 78.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Janosoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,317 trillion San Janoso Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 142,725 San Janoso Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Students cut up leftover San Janoso Pounds during Arts and Crafts, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, the SJBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : San Janoso's influence in Pax Britannia fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "To Prevent Dangerous Debris".
- : San Janoso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.