The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 7.647 billion San Janosoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 72.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Janosoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,034 trillion San Janoso Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 135,261 San Janoso Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and San Janoso's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 16 hours ago
- 1 day 20 hours ago: San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 3 days 23 hours ago: San Janoso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 4 days ago: San Janoso was endorsed by The Republic of Costa Gelo.
- 5 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: San Janoso's influence in British Isles rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, San Janoso's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- 12 days ago: San Janoso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 13 days ago: San Janoso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act".
- 14 days ago: San Janoso was endorsed by The Confederacy of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Fantrum, Jessjohnesik, Isla del Stan, Maplestan, A saor tuath, Jerazol, Arnett Hieghts, Sollis, Keronika, Isle Carlisle, Whale Island, Republic of Steelport, Zyberkalicystan, Arteragon, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, and Costa Gelo.