“Wobbly Wubbly Wob”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: British Isles
The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.34 billion San Janosoans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 84%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
The nation's train stations are widely considered to be the ugliest in British Isles, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, and it's always rabbit season. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the San Janoso Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 12 hours ago: San Janoso's influence in British Isles fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 2 days ago: San Janoso's influence in British Isles rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 7 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, it's always rabbit season.
- 13 days ago: San Janoso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 13 days ago: San Janoso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 14 days ago: San Janoso fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 22 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.