The Old Empirical United Kingdom of San Janoso is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Lifeless with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The democratic population of 8.139 billion San Janosoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canaproru. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Janosoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,119 trillion San Janoso Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 137,542 San Janoso Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Janoso's national animal is the Wepandoruthalo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 8 days ago: San Janoso fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 12 days ago: San Janoso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 16 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: San Janoso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 21 days ago: San Janoso lost the endorsement of The Saturnalian Orbital Republic of Basementees.
- 22 days ago: San Janoso was endorsed by The Saturnalian Orbital Republic of Basementees.
- 23 days ago: San Janoso was endorsed by The Royal Navy Commandant of Hungry.
- 28 days ago: San Janoso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in San Janoso, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Fantrum, Jessjohnesik, Isla del Stan, Maplestan, A saor tuath, Jerazol, Sollis, Keronika, Isle Carlisle, Whale Island, Republic of Steelport, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, and Costa Gelo.