The People's Snowy Republic of Samozaryadnyastan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Incumbent of the People Joachim Ivanov with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.218 billion Samozaryadnyastanians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Samozniy-Sapphire. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Samozaryadnyastanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,661 trillion Samozniy Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 135,983 Samozniy Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government seizes all major gold finds, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Samozaryadnyastan's national animal is the Samozniy Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Brotherhood of UltraScience.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Samozaryadnyastan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Samozaryadnyastan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Samozaryadnyastan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced, Most World Assembly Endorsements, and Safest.
- : Samozaryadnyastan's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Samozaryadnyastan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Samozaryadnyastan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Samozaryadnyastan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Samozaryadnyastan was refounded in Balder.
- : Samozaryadnyastan ceased to exist.
- : Samozaryadnyastan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.