“That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Cuckoos Egg
The Game Administrator's Realm of SalusaSecondus is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, ruled by Shaddam Corrino III with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 23.751 billion SalusaSeconders are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Lion's Head. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.
The bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around The Lion's Head, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. SalusaSecondus's national animal is the sardaukar, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Confusionism, and its currency is the solaris.
SalusaSecondus is ranked 6th in The Cuckoos Egg and 46,888th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 79 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 2 days 14 hours ago: SalusaSecondus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 14 days ago: SalusaSecondus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in SalusaSecondus, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in SalusaSecondus, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in SalusaSecondus, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in SalusaSecondus, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around The Lion's Head.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in SalusaSecondus, the country has unplugged its internet connection to prevent subversive content.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in SalusaSecondus, business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in SalusaSecondus, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- 19 days ago: SalusaSecondus granted posting privileges on the The Cuckoos Egg Message Board to Delegates and Founders of embassy regions.