“För Förmedlad – i tiden”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: The Genesis Corporation
The 2nd Republic of Salish-Cascadia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Jan Andersson with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 8.353 billion Salish-Cascadians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Environment and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Duwamish City. The average income tax rate is 65.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Salish-Cascadian economy, worth 408 trillion Genesian Credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 48,908 Genesian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime is totally unknown. Salish-Cascadia's national animal is the Cascadian Malamute, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is No State-Sponsored Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 12 hours ago
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Salish-Cascadia endorsed The Whatchamacallit of The United Thingys.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Salish-Cascadia lodged a message on the The Genesis Corporation Regional Message Board.
- 22 days ago: Salish-Cascadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 23 days ago: Salish-Cascadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: Salish-Cascadia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 27 days ago: Salish-Cascadia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 32 days ago: Salish-Cascadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 39 days ago: Salish-Cascadia was endorsed by The Pecuniary Community of Buten.
- 52 days ago: Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.