|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Autocracy of Saliba is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 21.587 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and the Environment are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", artists are pillars of society, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saliba's national animal is the toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the gold nugget.
Most Recent Government Activity: 78 minutes ago
- 4 days ago: Saliba's influence in Antarctica fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- 18 days ago: Saliba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 27 days ago: Saliba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 29 days ago: Saliba was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 30 days ago: Saliba's influence in Antarctica rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 31 days ago: Saliba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 33 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 37 days ago: Saliba was struck by a Cure Missile from The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum, curing 48 million infected.
- 51 days ago: Saliba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.