|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Autocracy of Saliba is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed population of 22.974 billion Salibans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although the Environment and Education are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, workers' complaints never reach central planning, and abortions are routinely performed in Saliba's hospitals. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saliba's national animal is the toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the gold nugget.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 18 days ago: Saliba lost the endorsement of The Ambassadorial Office of Free4All.
- 18 days ago: Saliba was endorsed by The Ambassadorial Office of Free4All.
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, abortions are routinely performed in Saliba's hospitals.
- 41 days ago: Saliba was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, workers' complaints never reach central planning.
- 74 days ago: Saliba's influence in Antarctica rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 85 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
- 85 days ago: Saliba voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Migratory Animals".
- 88 days ago: Saliba was endorsed by The Penguin Infested Land of Penguinia-Tempor.
- 92 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, graffiti graces every city's streets.