|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Autocracy of Saliba is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed population of 24.074 billion Salibans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Law & Order, although Environment, Education, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The large but sluggish Saliban economy, worth 982 trillion gold nuggets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Gambling. Average income is 40,800 gold nuggets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, Saliba City spends billions upgrading public transport, and motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saliba's national animal is the toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Saliba is ranked 8th in Antarctica and 1,294th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 1,673.55 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Saliba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- 16 days ago: Saliba was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 67 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, Saliba City spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 70 days ago: Saliba's influence in Antarctica fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 76 days ago: Saliba's influence in Antarctica rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 88 days ago: Saliba was struck by a Cure Missile from The United Socialist States of Elbow Surprise, curing 1 million infected.
- 88 days ago: Saliba was struck by a Cure Missile from The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft, curing 1 million infected.
- 88 days ago: Saliba was struck by a Cure Missile from The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum, curing 1 million infected.
- 88 days ago: Saliba was struck by a Cure Missile from The Omnipotent Republic of Athani, curing 1 million infected.