The Autocracy of Saliba is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The hard-nosed population of 24.751 billion Salibans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Law & Order, although Environment, Education, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. The average income tax rate is 94.6%.
The enormous but sluggish Saliban economy, worth a remarkable 1,041 trillion gold nuggets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Gambling. Average income is 42,069 gold nuggets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and Saliba's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saliba's national animal is the toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, Saliba's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 49 days ago: Saliba was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 49 days ago: Saliba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 52 days ago: Saliba fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 54 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- 66 days ago: Saliba was endorsed by The Free Land of Deseonia.
- 67 days ago: Saliba was endorsed by The Free Land of Deseonia.
- 69 days ago: Saliba was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 75 days ago: Following new legislation in Saliba, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- 80 days ago: Saliba was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.